“Wonderful cottage in the heart of Whitby”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of The Corner House

The lounge, from the dining area.
Another angle of the lounge. Our lounge, perfect for cosy nights in!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The lounge, from the dining area.
Another angle of the lounge.
Our lounge, perfect for cosy nights in!
Our open plan kitchen!
The Green Room - with its super comfy king size bed (with super king sized duvet!).
The Blue Room - with two gorgeously comfy single beds (with double duvets!).
Our shower room.
Yes, this really is the view from almost every room in the cottage!
Another photo of the Tour De Yorkshire passing The Corner House on 1 May 2015!
View of the harbour
View of the east side and St Mary's Church
View of the Abbey and St Mary's Church from the beach
The star rating taking pride of place!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
12JayN13
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Wonderful cottage in the heart of Whitby”
Reviewed February 16, 2017 for a stay in February 2017
person found this review helpful

The location is excellent. Just step out of the door and you are at the centre of things. Shops, restaurants, pubs all within very easy walking distance. Lovely places to visit by car. The journey to the abbey not as bad as we thought, all 199 steps of it!

Nichola couldn't have been more helpful with the booking and making arrangements to stay and clear directions were given so finding the cottage was very simple.

Very comfortable bed and the cottage had everything you need for a stay though we didn't really use the kitchen equipment etc as we tended to eat out.

We managed to find free parking but it was a good walk and I suspect that in the summer months you'd struggle to find anything.

Feb 16, 2017
Hi,

Thank you very much for your fabulous review!

I'm absolutely chuffed to bits to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the information I sent you was helpful - I just try to think about what I would like, if I were booking.

I'm very pleased to hear that the steps weren't too bad for you either - I get out of breath just looking at them! lol

I'm especially glad to hear that the cottage was comfortable and had everything you needed - I have to admit that we too usually eat out when we're there - with such fabulous places all around us, why would you want to stay in!

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

ReillyAB
“Our Wonderful stay in the Corner House”
Reviewed January 18, 2017 for a stay in January 2017
person found this review helpful

We had such a lovely time, being in the middle of everything and waking up to looking over the Harbour was wonderful.
Also fab Resturant's just a short stroll away.
Can't wait to return

Jan 18, 2017
Hi,

Thank you for your fabulous review!

Yes, we love being in the very heart of town and I'm immensely proud of our views, so glad you liked them too!

Yes, we're very lucky to be surrounded by such brilliant places to eat and drink as well!

I'm also chuffed to hear that you'd come to stay again, you would be very welcome anytime.

Danny E
“Fab week away!”
Reviewed January 3, 2017 for a stay in December 2016

Spent New Years week at Whitby in this cottage. Couldn't of asked for a better stay! Lovely cottage, modern decor, perfectly sized and located. Very clean and comfy beds! The cottage has everything you need for a perfect stay. Nichola the owner is very helpful and always there incase you need her. Can't wait to stay again next year! Thank you for a fab stay from the Earl family! :-) x

Jan 4, 2017
Hi,

Thank very much for your brilliant review!

I'm chuffed to bits to hear that you enjoyed your stay and you like what we've done to the place!

Thank you so much for the kind words about me too, I love helping folk to have a great stay.

You and your family are more than welcome back any time.

Nigel R
tewkesbury
“Got the wow factor !!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2016 for a stay in December 2016

The headline says it all , been coming to whitby for the last 6 years but never rented anywhere of this standard , a real home from home , a fully equipped kitchen from which my wife produced a superb xmas lunch , it has a lovely cosy lounge, 2 nice sized bedrooms with great comfy mattresses, , the shower is heaven , you almost don't want to get out & it's big enough for 2 happy days , the cottage is perfectly situated for the shops and bars of Whitby, lastly Nichola is the perfect host , never met her but feels like you have known her for ages , professional but friendly & should be proud of what she's done , will certainly be back next year , Thanks again nigel & Denise xx

Dec 29, 2016
Hi,

Wowser, what an absolutely fabulous review!

Thank you so much; I'm totally overwhelmed by your kind words and I'm chuffed to bits that you enjoyed your stay and liked what we've done to the place!

You guys are more than welcome back at any time!

Thanks again,

toddy441
Willington, United Kingdom
“Mrs”
Reviewed November 28, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Stayed in this little cottage for a weekend away, the cottage is beautiful with everything you could need .
It is spacious and beautifully decorated. The living room has all the mod cons you could need.
The bedrooms have again everything you need , the beds are large , comfortable and beautiful bedding.
The shower room is fantastic, powerful jets.
And to top it of the hospitality from the owner Nicola is fantastic , nothing is to much trouble and she goes above and beyond with help , tips and advice xx

Nov 29, 2016
Hi,

Wow, what a brilliant review, thank you so much!

I'm chuffed to bits that you enjoyed your stay and liked what we've done to the place - that means an awful lot.

I'm also humbled to hear your comments about me; I just try to think about what I would want if I were going away, so I'm thrilled that it was okay for you.

Thanks again for choosing to stay with us; you guys are welcome back any time!

VRH1
Downham Market, United Kingdom
“Little gem in the heart of old town.”
Reviewed November 10, 2016 for a stay in November 2016

The location is perfect. I visited both shops either side - Humble's Pie and Mash, and the Spiritualist shop to have a Tarot reading. The cottage has everything you need. A fully functioning kitchen, efficient heating, a large shower, comfortable beds, TV's in all rooms and WiFi. There is not much that hasn't been thought of to make your stay as comfortable as possible. The cleaning staff were friendly and helpful. Nichola the owner is friendly and helpful and communication with her was excellent. I will book again and would recommend the Corner House to anyone thinking of renting a cottage in Whitby. The reason we chose this cottage is because of the personal service we received and it's location and facilities. We also found it cheaper than the hotel we have stayed in for the last 4 years. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Hope to be back soon!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything.
Liked least: Parking can be difficult in Whitby during Goth w/e. Car park nearby. £7.50 for 24hrs.
Traveling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nov 10, 2016
Hi,

Thank you so much for your brilliant review of our little cottage by the sea!

I'm chuffed to bits that you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the surrounding shops too - we're blessed to have such wonderful and varied ones so close by.

I'm really pleased that you liked what we've done to our place too, we've worked really hard to make it as comfortable and welcoming as possible, so am very humbled to hear that you appreciated our efforts!

We also like to think that we're very competitively priced, especially since we offer a full cottage for around the same price as a room in a B&B!

Thanks again for your great review and look forward to welcoming you back.

Mark B
Otley, England, United Kingdom
“Great little holiday home in terrfic location”
Reviewed October 31, 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Just back from a week staying in the Corner House. It was a very well equipped compact property, making very good use of the space. Both bedrooms are a good size and the bathroom shower is very spacious. The location is brilliantly central with all Whitby's delights within a few minutes walk.
However busy Whitby was (and on the weekend it was) we always stepped back in from the street and relaxed. We would have loved to have stayed longer.
Car parking is a challenge (as is recognised by the owner). The nearby long stay often had no spaces but we always found plenty of space in the long stays across the river which is only about 5 minutes walk. We were also able to park on street for free up the hill towards the Abbey, also only about 5 minutes walk cutting down through the houses.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Modern high quality facilities in a genuine old, central Whitby house
Liked least: The pot-luck parking (but nothing to be done about it in that location)
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Nov 1, 2016
Hi,

Thank you for your brilliant review!

I'm absolutely chuffed to bits that you enjoyed your stay in our little cottage and I'm so pleased that you liked how we've renovated it, as well as where we're located, we can't get much more central and it's what we fell in love with when we were first looking!

Thanks again for your great comments and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Nichola x
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing