“Superb Holiday Let”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of The Corner House

The lounge, from the dining area.
Another angle of the lounge. Our lounge, perfect for cosy nights in!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
The lounge, from the dining area.
Another angle of the lounge.
Our lounge, perfect for cosy nights in!
Our open plan kitchen!
The Green Room - with its super comfy king size bed (with super king sized duvet!).
The Blue Room - with two gorgeously comfy single beds (with double duvets!).
Our shower room.
Yes, this really is the view from almost every room in the cottage!
Another photo of the Tour De Yorkshire passing The Corner House on 1 May 2015!
View of the harbour
View of the east side and St Mary's Church
View of the Abbey and St Mary's Church from the beach
The star rating taking pride of place!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

flower798...
Warrington, United Kingdom
“Superb Holiday Let”
Reviewed February 29, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

An excellent Holiday cottage in a central, but quiet, location with parking on the doorstep.
The owners have tried to think of everything you would need away from home and have provided it. Immaculately clean and very comfortable accommodation with a modern and well-equipped kitchen. A selection of books, children's games, DVDs and lots of information about the surrounding area are all provided. An added and unexpected bonus was the provision of door to door directions for our travel to Whitby. Very much appreciated.
Although all contact was made by telephone, text or email, at the end of the conversation you felt as though you had made a friend. I found this cottage by recommendation and would not hesitate to recommend it to others or to visit again if coming to the Whitby area.

Liked best: Loved it all
Mar 1, 2016
Hi,

Thank you for your fabulous review of our cottage! It's great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and liked that the cottage was warm, cosy, homely and quiet, it makes all of our hard work worthwhile!

I'm truly touched by your lovely mention of me too, I'm really glad that you felt totally at ease - that means a huge amount.

It's also great to hear that you plan to come back again, that's brilliant news and you'd be welcome anytime.

Nichola x
Leeds
Reviewed January 23, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Liked best: The location
Liked least: That we forgot our toiletries for the house
Jan 24, 2016
Thank you for your review which, to be fair has left me more than a little confused as I'm not sure what more I could have done and why I deserved the loss of the star.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay though.
Pat C C
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
“Fab cottage”
Reviewed January 13, 2016 for a stay in January 2016

Excellent location, superb interior. The cottage has been finished to a high standard, the appliances are high end as well as the towels and bedding. Well presented and tidy, central heating which we neded in January.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything about the cottage
Liked least: Nothing
Jan 14, 2016
Hi,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I'm chuffed to bits that you enjoyed your stay and liked
out little cottage, that means a lot.

Yes, I can well imagine that you needed the central heating, you guys had a 'bracing' weekend!

You and your family are welcome back any time.

Floridame...
England
“Delightful accommodation in a fantastic location”
Reviewed December 30, 2015 for a stay in May 2015

I booked this house as a surprise for my husband, to coincide with the Tour de Yorkshire. To say it was a success would be an understatement! The cycle route went right past the front door, and was the icing on the cake of a superb holiday. Nichola could not have been more helpful, providing assistance before, during and after our stay!
As we were travelling with two young children, having so much on our doorstep made everything so much easier. I could not believe our luck in finding such lovely accommodation in such a central location. The fish and chip shop across the road must have noticed a spike in their profits during our stay!
Whitby is a delightful town, and there is so much to do, we really were spoilt for choice. I would recommend the steam train, which can often be booked on the day, for a real journey back in time (and to Hogwarts!).
I would recommend The Corner House to anyone - it was a lovely place to stay, Nichola was an excellent and very thoughtful hostess, and I hope that we will be able to return soon.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The joys of home comforts in a fab location
Traveling group: Young Children
Jan 1, 2016
Hi,

Thank you so very much for your fabulous review and I'm really pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

Yes, we're over the moon that the Tour de Yorkshire route takes the cyclists directly past the cottage - we couldn't have asked for more!

The brilliant eateries on the doorstep are also great and definitely see a spike when we go too!

Thanks again for your lovely review; you and your family are welcome back any time.

Meggymons...
Manchester
“Excellent location - excellent communication - excellent facilities”
Reviewed October 6, 2015 for a stay in October 2015

Been to Whitby a few times before, but not in a holiday let. We were 2 couples so was really looking for 2 double rooms but struggled with finding one that we really liked. I came across this one and, although it was 1 double, 1 twin, it seemed to fit our other requirements and was incredibly central. So I thought, let's give it a go. I'm so glad we did. It's not a huge cottage, but trust me, it's certainly big enough. Downstairs is open plan - kitchen, dining table and 2 sofa's with a flat screen TV. Board games in the cupboard and the kitchen was fully stocked (even a washing machine!). Whilst we didn't do any cooking while we were there, I could see that the place had been fully stocked with anything you could need. The owner, Nichola, is incredibly professional and clearly takes this place seriously and has a lot of love for it. I did worry that we hadn't heard from her 2 days before we arrived, but don't worry, you get everything you need sent over to you the day before arrival with the code for the key and wi-fi sent on the day of arrival.
Upstairs there are 2 rooms, both with plenty of space and both very bright and well decorated. The duvets are so thick and fluffy that you feel like you need to go weight training to lift them off you :) The bathroom was spotless. Nice big shower (no bath - but hey, it's not essential) and a really airy feel to it.
The location is perfect. It's over the bridge onto Church Street (main "old town" shopping street) and to the right. There are 3 pubs close by, but there more "local" type pubs rather than touristy. That being the case, you'd probably think it would be noisy around there.....but it's not at all. The shops obviously close come teatime and the bars are less busy as most of the tourists are either home or will be in the pubs on the other side of the bridge. The 3 pubs are actually really nice and relaxed if you want to give them a try. You really wouldn't believe how lovely and quiet it is overnight though. Obviously, you need to bear in mind that you are close to the harbour so you will hear the boats early morning if you have your window open, but it's actually really nice (in my opinion, anyway!). The only really noisy bit was the bin truck on Monday morning but hey, we needed to be up early to be out by 10 anyway. That, to be honest, was the only downside. I really could have done with a bit more time on the last morning - 4 adults and packing to be out by 10 was a bit of a rush but you can't have it all. As for parking....well, this is Whitby. There is a car park just by the harbour, 2 mins from the property. This does get busy though so you might not get in. We managed s space on the Friday, but there wasn't a hope on the Saturday and Sunday, so we went up to North Cliff - it's about a 10 minute walk away, but Whitby isn't that big a place so it's not too far. On the morning we were leaving, we simply collected the car and then loaded up right outside the property.
I'd most definitely recommend this lovely little cottage. It's convenient, very clean and exceptionally well run.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and the feel of the place
Liked least: Early start and parking (but that's Whitby for you!)
Oct 7, 2015
Hi,

Wow, thank you so much for your brilliant and comprehensive review.

I'm absolutely chuffed to bits that you decided to give our little cottage a try, especially since you haven't stayed at a Whitby holiday let before - I'm glad you had a good first experience!

I'm pleased that you loved the location, we did as soon as we saw it too, as it's really quiet but very close to everything. The sounds of the harbour and its wildlife are also nice in my opinion too!

I appreciate that the time that we ask our guests to vacate is a little bit early but this is something that our cleaners requested, so that they can have a good length of time in which to clean and make it ready for our next guests.

I'm also really happy that you would recommend our cottage to your friends and family.

I look forward to also welcoming you back any time.

Reviewed October 1, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

Liked best: Location
Liked least: nothing
Traveling group: Extended Family
People with disabilities Older travelers
Oct 2, 2015
Hi,

Thanks for your brilliant review.

I'm chuffed to bits that you enjoyed your stay at our little cottage and liked what we've done to the place!

I'm also over the moon to hear that you are planning on staying again; you're welcome back any time.

Shirls B
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Highly recommended 5 stars”
Reviewed September 15, 2015 for a stay in September 2015

A stunning well equiped cosy cottage in central whitby. A short walk from bus/railway station. Lovely home from home feel with comfy beds a great shower and well equiped kitchen....tv in each room too. Right next door is an excellent pie n mash shop and a great chip shop opposite. Its in a busy area but once we were in the cottage you couldn't hear any street noise at all. A superb place to stay and enjoy the delights of whitby. We will certainly be booking again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Comfy beds great shower
Traveling group: Friends
Sep 16, 2015
Hi,

Thank you for your brilliant review of our little cottage.

I'm over the moon that you enjoyed your stay and liked what we've done to the place. Yes, the beds, shower and kitchen are my favourites too!

I'm also glad to hear that you want to stay again, you're more than welcome, any time!

Nichola
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing