“Best value and accomodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Buck Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitby
The Buck Inn
Ranked #42 of 152 Whitby B&B and Inns
south shields
“Best value and accomodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

Went to whitby for an overnite stay hadnt booked anywhere beforehand and by luck we chanced poppin in the buck inn and asked the landlady if there were any rooms available and straight away this wonderful lady (julie) said yes we have and i will show you so you can pick what room you like and oh my i was bowled over the rooms where imaculate modern decor and very clean and modern ensuite very fresh so i jumped at the chance to book a room they have 3 in total and all three i was shown were beautiful modern . I chose room 1 at the front facing the harbour. My husband was well impressed the bed was soooo comfortable he said he had a better sleep in thier bed than our own !! But i did agree!! so comfy and bedding was immaculate . There was a large lcd tv and large mirror wardrobe and chest of drawers, also plenty tea, coffeee hot chocolate oh and biscuits not to mention the wonderfull views outside of the harbour . We really enjoyed our stay and would definately return julie and steve the owners are lovely very kind people and take pride in what they do and it shows so if you really want quality and value for money you definately want to stay at the buck inn

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank chelle15-1967
Swift60, Owner at The Buck Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you, so much for taking the time to place a review.
Hope to see you again.
Julie and Stephen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Rugby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

Our first time in Whitby and it won't be our last. Thanks to Julie and Steve for making us so welcome. The Buck Inn is a very nice place to stay, it's central (on the side of the harbour) with nice veiws and everything is within walking distance. The rooms are nice and clean and freshly decorated, with everything you will need for your stay. One thing that is very useful is the "free"private car park at the rear, as parking is very difficult in Whitby. Regards Carl & Jenni (10th & 11th Sept.).

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank FatTruckerRugby
Swift60, Owner at The Buck Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you, for your business.
We do hope to see you again soon.

Best wishes
Saltaire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

My friend and I have stayed twice at the Buck Inn, as well as myself and my boyfriend and we have had a great stay every time. Julie and Stephen are a lovely couple, really happy to accommodate you with requests. The rooms are immaculate and really beautiful. One of the main advantages, especially in Whitby, is that the Buck Inn has a private carpark. Right in the heart of Whitby, close to the swing bridge, the pub has a great position for both the new and old sides of the town.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 2 have superb harbour views
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Helen S
Swift60, Owner at The Buck Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you, for your kind words.

It is easy to be friendly when we have such nice people staying with us.

Many thanks
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

my brother and sister in law came to join us in whitby so a place for them to stay needed they are fussy so i didnt take any chances booked them in early in a great pub which has accommodation pleased to report they loved it thel fanastic bedroom had all you need with a fanastic view over the harbour bed and pillows was as fresh as a daisy the whole place is spotless hosts julie and steve are just the sort of people you need as they look after you offer the very best including the location the whole pub is spotless and well cared for. i see someone complained about the pubs loos i have been in the pub loos many times in the many visits and never had any cause for complaint it is also one of the busy pubs in whitby as such value every customer thats why its busy my bro again passes on his thanks will most certain come again and the EXTRA BONUS FREE PARKING IN THE THERE OWN PRIVATE CAR PARK A MUST IN WHITBY. nuff said

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 17stonearmy
Swift60, Owner at The Buck Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you, your gratitude is very much appreciated.

Regards
Doncaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

I came to Whitby with my daughter for the first time yesterday. After Visiting the abbey, going on a boat trip, visiting the RNLI, and then fish and chips at the beach, we decided to finish of the perfect day with some crabbing near the bridge. My daughter all of a sudden announced she needed the toilet(as they do at that age) so I asked a door man on one the pubs if we could so kindly use the toilet. He very kindly said of course. So off we went to the toilet.
On our way out of the pub, the bar man very intimidatingly asked if I would make a donation for using his water!! I said I didnt have change, he rattled a RNLI box at me and said he had to pay for water used in flushing the toilet. I ask, how on earth would putting a donation in a RNLI box, help this landlord to pay for his water usage?? Hmmm. I thought it a donation box for RNLI. I explained I have been donating all day, to RNLI, Whitby abbey, a very old fishing boat, some buskers on the streets, but he was not interested. He just wanted to intimidate 2 Ladies.
Thank you Mr Landlord. Next time Whitby with my friends and Husband I will not be visiting your Pub, due to your intimidating nature and I take it you find it rather manly to talk to a women straight in her face. I would have thought you would have been rather happy with Whitby as it was fit to burst with tourists. All because my daughter wanted to use your toilet, may I add I think you need to invest in some toilet airfreshner, it stunk in there, before we even went in.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank emmakates
Swift60, Manager at The Buck Inn, responded to this review, September 3, 2012
Dear toilet user

I am really sorry that you have felt so strongly about making a donation.

If you look on our website you will see that I "the landlord" did not ask you to make the donation, it was a member of staff.(there is a photo of me on the homepage)

If he spoke to you unprofessionally then again I apologise, unfortunately I was not there, perhaps you should of asked for me, the landlord then we could of discussed the situation calmly, instead of you trying to damage the business I have worked so hard to build up.

My toilets are checked regularly, and I do apologise if they were not to your satisfaction, you are however the first person to raise the issue?
I do not think this is a fair unbiased review
SWW
Accrington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

great location right on the harbourside, very friendly, room was spotless, would happily stay again
was nice to sit in the room and watch the world go by, nice busy little spot
secure car park was a huge bonus too
there are some lovely restaurants nearby too

Room Tip: rooms one and two have the view of the abbey
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Swift60, Owner at The Buck Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you for the review Martin.

We hope to see you again.

Regards Julie and Stephen
Ajax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

Location is great, central on the water. Rooms are excellent, clean and comfortable. Hosts are friendly and helpful. Pub features good choice of beers.

Room Tip: All 3 are fine, 2 front rooms have view. A little noise on karaoke nights, but this is a pub.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank HERB24
Swift60, Owner at The Buck Inn, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Thank you, so much for your review.

We hope you will visit us again.

Regards Julie and Stephen.