“Fish but no chips”
Review of The Willows

The Willows
Ranked #46 of 155 Whitby B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed a night and had a gracious stay. The rooms were clean, and a solid breakfast. We were the only ones staying and in the morning we had a lovely chat all through breaky with the owners.
The bed had a lovely teddy holding the remote to the tv.

Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank sue r
zx12man, Owner at The Willows, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

What a shame we only got an Average score, the comments come across well but this was a little bit of a shock. we both try really hard to make everyones stay enjoyable but we failed with these guests. If we could have had feed back that explained where we could have achieved a GOOD score that would have been helpfull.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

A big thank you to wonderful hosts Deborah and Martin for a fantastic stay once more, comfortable rooms with little touches that make it homely, friendly welcome and a breakfast that simply cannot be beaten with freshly cooked full english, home made jams, fresh fruit and many more options. Fantastic location and a perfect stay.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, with their own character.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have just come back from a wonderful Goth Weekend in Whitby, staying at the Willows Guest House. This will be my 5th stay and as usual, nothing was too much trouble for hosts Deborah and Martin. My stay started with a very warm welcome, afternoon tea, cake and a good old chat, and ended 4 days later with another gorgeous breakfast to set me on my way home; everything in between was equally fabulous and to a very high standard as usual. My room was bright, warm and very comfortable and everything I needed was there. I especially appreciated the fresh milk every day instead of those little UHT pots (it’s the little things that make the difference).

Deborah and Martin are a lovely couple and always make their guests feel special, treating them as friends rather than customers; that is what keeps me, and I am sure many others, going back year after year. It is always a pleasure to stay there and I wouldn’t even consider staying anywhere else. I am already looking forward to going back for Goth Weekend in November and may even try to squeeze in another stay in between. I can highly recommend the Willows for single travellers and couples alike; call Deborah or Martin directly for availability, you won’t be disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Athough we have stayed here several times now over a number of years I wanted to leave another review to demonstrate how consistently high the standards are at the Willows. Debs and Martin continue to do their utmost to provide a warm and friendly atmosphere. The super king size rooms are generously sized, comfortable and spotlessly clean. Breakfast is just maginficent. We rarely need to eat again until late afternoon! Thank you once again for a wonderful stay.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

We stayed for 2 nights to visit the sights of Whitby. Debbie & martin were great b&b hosts. I have to say this was my first experience staying in a b&b but my friend assured me that you certainly don't get service as good as this in a lot of other b&b's.. I was really impressed regardless, Deb was really warm and welcoming, we had a sticky toffee muffin and pot of tea on arrival after we had freshened up in our beautiful rooms, they both were really chatty throughout the visit but they balanced it well and I never felt overwhelmed by them at all. The breakfasts were great, you had to decided the day before what you wanted from their selection of cooked breakfast, but this was no problem and ensured a prompt service in the mornings - the smoked salmon and scrambled eggs was delicious & I especially loved all their attention to detail in the breakfast room - the tea service/pots etc and beautiful crystal cut butter dishes were really kitch. Our hosts gave great advice on the area as well.
The only negative was there was no parking at the B&B but we were able to park nearby and the hosts were happy to help us with our bags to and from the car if we needed it.
Would highly recommend and definitely want to stay here again should I come back to Whitby or the surrounding area. It was only a short walk into town from our accommodation too.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Recently stayed at The Willows for a long weekend away in Whitby and I have to say that both Martin and Deb were fantastic hosts. Unfortunately, during our stay, my partner was admitted to Scarborough Hospital due to a previously undiagnosed condition which came a bit out of the blue but Martin and Deb were wonderful and supported me immensely during this difficult time. I cannot thank them enough. I should say that the room was fantastic, very comfortable and cosy with excellent facilities and lovely ambiance. I cannot also praise the breakfast highly enough. There was plenty on offer including a great selection of cereals (the muesli was lovely!) and fruit of which I partook and a choice of cooked breakfasts as well. I had the full English every day which was extremely tasty due to the locally produced ingredients used and there was also plenty of toast which I always slathered with Deb's marvellous home made jam of which there were different ones to try every day. I have a big appetite and I can say without doubt that I was lovely and full after my breakfast which saw me through to later in the day. The location is also perfect, being only a 2 min walk to the habour and all the quaint streets and shops. My partner and I will definitely be returning to The Willows in Whitby this summer to re-start our weekend away and hopefully we can carry out the plans we originally made for our break on this occasion.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Yet again another lovely stay! Deb and Martin are a lovely couple, very hospitable. This was our second time there. The first time I just booked it because I just wanted somewhere close to Whitby Harbour and the beautiful quaint cobbled streets, full of amazing old fashioned shops and bars to help us chill out.....happy days!! The second time was booked as a Christmas gift from our Daughter because we kept telling her what a lovely place it was first time round and couldn't wait to go back....so what a surprise that was when she told us she had booked it for us. We stayed in the same room as last time, which we was glad about, as it was so clean and welcoming! Breakfast...well....that too was so amazing, so much to choose from......."diet, what diet?", I'd say to my hubby.

Anyway....roll on September because we shall be definitely booking up again there.

Helen