“Loved it, staff ace, views ace, room ace...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitby
La Rosa Hotel & Campsite
Ranked #1 of 52 Specialty Lodging in Whitby
Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Loved it, staff ace, views ace, room ace...”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Everything about my stay at La Rosa was perfect, I'd called up for a specific rate and was offered it without any problems (other hotels were insisting on 2 night stay min), I got the room I wanted (Stoker room, awesome), and when we arrived early, the reception staff made us drinks (free tea and coffee) while our room was being sorted out. Then gave us advice on where to head for food, views and drinks

The balcony in the room s awesome, though there's a lamppost in the way of a really good photo of the Abbey, that's more the Council's fault than the hotel's. Wifi - free, and was good. The views are ace, the Abbey is straight across, the marina just to the right, the sea on your left. A really good panoramic.

Parking is OK, there's a public pay and display car park 30 seconds away (Pavilion) and it's £6 for 24 hours

Breakfast - cute, little hamper arrived at a time of our choosing with scones (I hear they alternate between scones and croissants), cake, fruit, yoghurt, orange juice and fresh coffee

There's something about the hotel that you cant quite put into words, it's just cool, and not pretentious at all. It feeds in from the staff, the way things are laid out, the decor, the room themes, it's just not somewhere you'd find any nobs staying, and that made it really worthwhile.

Thanks La Rosa, we'd love to come back again soon

Room Tip: I'm sure any room is great, sea views would be extra special in the Stoker and Carroll I think
1 Thank andy h

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2014

La Rosa hotel is a comfortable, fun place to stay which is a stones throw from whitby town, marina and seafront. Here are a couple of things to note about La Rosa:

1) quirky decor - certainly an acquired taste but if you're open minded this hotels fun surroundings, quirky tea rooms and themed bedrooms will add to your stay

2) we stayed in the Stoker room which had a balcony, sea views and a direct view of Whitby Abbey. The room was small but big enough as a comfortable place to sleep. The balcony provided the extra bit of well needed space. Our bathroom at a gorgeous roll fold tub (plenty big enough for 2!)

3) Breakfast was a very nice picnic hamper of goods, although I would have preferred to have more choice in what was in it - a lot of the foods I didn't like just through personal taste. Due to lovely weather we had our picnic breakfast on the balcony looking out to sea. Just lovely. Hint: take some cereal as you might still be a bit hungry if you don't like everything in your hamper,

4) staff were very friendly and very welcoming

All in all a good stay if you're looking for something that little bit different right in the heart of Whitby.

Room Tip: Get a room with a balcony,especially if the weather is due to be good
1 Thank Hannah_hotelhopper
Kingston upon Hull, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I had heard of La Rosa via my partner he has stayed there before we was taking a trip to Whitby to a vintage fair at the Pavillion and passed La Rosa.Curious of course I have looked on line and talked over camping with them.

So after a jaunt around Whitby we went in,of course La Rosa was a feast for the eyes did you ever see such a beauty?I have to admit I have a house full of things like La Rosa my partner said "are we sat in our front room" I smiled we ate cake had tea and chatted.

My thirty sixth birthday is coming up we thought to go to The White heart in Harrogate because of a lovely Sunday lunch we had at The Fat Badger joined onto the hotel.
However La Rosa wins for me,breakfast in a big red velvet bed waking up with the love of my life and a romantic setting with lovely people all around me.

I just might have my wedding do there now that would be amazing!!

Room Tip: Themed rooms honestly what's not to love
bradford
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed at the campsite for my friends hen do last weekend and it was an amazing experience!! The place is in an amazing tucked away middle of nowhere location, perfect for escaping everything. What words can be used to explain it... Amazing, Kitsch, Vintage, Quirky, Mad, Shabby chic, Fun! We all loved it! We stayed in the green caravans, I had the bright pink interior one which was fab. The big top was my favourite part, it's an amazing space for a big group to all eat in and chill out and it came in very handy when it chucked it down (the bride to be ran in the rain in her pants!) and we had an amazing thunderstorm. We also had some lovely sunshine which was very nice to lay out and relax in. The only thing that traumatised me a little was the toilet but only cos I'm a wussy city girl, it a long drop compositing sawdust thing, it was fine but just a teeny bit yucky but I manned up and got over it!

All in it was an amazing weekend :-) And the lovely lady who showed us round was fab too.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank blondejenny
Middles
Reviewed July 9, 2014

On arriving the first thing I noticed was a musty odour, maybe from the reclaimed furniture. The room was themed we stayed in the Lewis Carol room, it was the same as the picture on the website only minus the peeling ceiling paper which looked like it was about to fall along with a chunk of the ceiling and the room " props" were a bit OTT, there was no where to hang your clothes. Breakfast was served from a picnic hamper there was only one chair in the room and no table , the food stuffs served for breakfast were a lot to be desired. There was a kettle in the room with 2 cups but no coffee,tea or milk. It is quirky but not £120 a night quirky and the parking is terrible.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Ruby_ru_10
Prestwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Four of us came for a mini hen do and stayed in Saloon and Stoker (the Crows Nest was our first choice but it was fully booked). La Rosa is an amazing looking place from the second you walk in with nick nacks and curios covering every surface. It won't be for everyone - don't come if you're expecting tvs, mini bars or huge rooms, but we loved our quirky stay.
Stoker as you'd probably guess from the name is quite gothic, with a grand black bed and bats on the wall, but without being too spooky. There's a small balcony with a fantastic view over to the abbey. Saloon is at the back of the house and is wild west themed with cows skull and huge copper bathtub (but no shower). Breakfast is delivered to your door in a pretty hamper and includes warm croissants or cheese scones, boiled eggs, cheese, yoghurt fruit and fresh coffee. We really enjoyed having breakfast in the room but we struggled to fit round the tiny balcony table and in saloon you'd have to eat on the bed as there's no table space available. On the first night the weather was pretty awful and unfortunately there was a leaking gutter at the front of the hotel which made for some very noisy dripping that kept us in Stoker awake for a bit but the second night was dry and we slept brilliantly.
The hotel is only a short walk into town - although we found it very tricky to get to following sat nav which kept sending us to the wrong place - as did the taxi driver our friend had! Look out for the long stay car park near the pavilion where it is £6 for 24 hours - other on street parking has different charges and maximum stays.
Would love to come back with a group again to stay in the Crows Nest and also to try the tearooms. Whitby is an unusual town and La Rosa is an unusual hotel - and all the better for it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have small balconies and amazing views over whitby
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Deliriously exciting boho experience, delicious hot chocolate served ion a silver coffee pot and scrummy gluten free cake, the surroundings are so special. Just love it's quirkiness, would HAPPILY live here :D. Thank You.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends