“La Rosa j'adore”
Review of La Rosa Campsite

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitby
La Rosa Campsite
Ranked #1 of 52 Specialty Lodging in Whitby
Reviewed July 20, 2014

I had heard of La Rosa via my partner he has stayed there before we was taking a trip to Whitby to a vintage fair at the Pavillion and passed La Rosa.Curious of course I have looked on line and talked over camping with them.

So after a jaunt around Whitby we went in,of course La Rosa was a feast for the eyes did you ever see such a beauty?I have to admit I have a house full of things like La Rosa my partner said "are we sat in our front room" I smiled we ate cake had tea and chatted.

My thirty sixth birthday is coming up we thought to go to The White heart in Harrogate because of a lovely Sunday lunch we had at The Fat Badger joined onto the hotel.
However La Rosa wins for me,breakfast in a big red velvet bed waking up with the love of my life and a romantic setting with lovely people all around me.

I just might have my wedding do there now that would be amazing!!

Room Tip: Themed rooms honestly what's not to love
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We stayed at the campsite for my friends hen do last weekend and it was an amazing experience!! The place is in an amazing tucked away middle of nowhere location, perfect for escaping everything. What words can be used to explain it... Amazing, Kitsch, Vintage, Quirky, Mad, Shabby chic, Fun! We all loved it! We stayed in the green caravans, I had the bright pink interior one which was fab. The big top was my favourite part, it's an amazing space for a big group to all eat in and chill out and it came in very handy when it chucked it down (the bride to be ran in the rain in her pants!) and we had an amazing thunderstorm. We also had some lovely sunshine which was very nice to lay out and relax in. The only thing that traumatised me a little was the toilet but only cos I'm a wussy city girl, it a long drop compositing sawdust thing, it was fine but just a teeny bit yucky but I manned up and got over it!

All in it was an amazing weekend :-) And the lovely lady who showed us round was fab too.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank blondejenny
Reviewed July 9, 2014

On arriving the first thing I noticed was a musty odour, maybe from the reclaimed furniture. The room was themed we stayed in the Lewis Carol room, it was the same as the picture on the website only minus the peeling ceiling paper which looked like it was about to fall along with a chunk of the ceiling and the room " props" were a bit OTT, there was no where to hang your clothes. Breakfast was served from a picnic hamper there was only one chair in the room and no table , the food stuffs served for breakfast were a lot to be desired. There was a kettle in the room with 2 cups but no coffee,tea or milk. It is quirky but not £120 a night quirky and the parking is terrible.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Ruby_ru_10
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Four of us came for a mini hen do and stayed in Saloon and Stoker (the Crows Nest was our first choice but it was fully booked). La Rosa is an amazing looking place from the second you walk in with nick nacks and curios covering every surface. It won't be for everyone - don't come if you're expecting tvs, mini bars or huge rooms, but we loved our quirky stay.
Stoker as you'd probably guess from the name is quite gothic, with a grand black bed and bats on the wall, but without being too spooky. There's a small balcony with a fantastic view over to the abbey. Saloon is at the back of the house and is wild west themed with cows skull and huge copper bathtub (but no shower). Breakfast is delivered to your door in a pretty hamper and includes warm croissants or cheese scones, boiled eggs, cheese, yoghurt fruit and fresh coffee. We really enjoyed having breakfast in the room but we struggled to fit round the tiny balcony table and in saloon you'd have to eat on the bed as there's no table space available. On the first night the weather was pretty awful and unfortunately there was a leaking gutter at the front of the hotel which made for some very noisy dripping that kept us in Stoker awake for a bit but the second night was dry and we slept brilliantly.
The hotel is only a short walk into town - although we found it very tricky to get to following sat nav which kept sending us to the wrong place - as did the taxi driver our friend had! Look out for the long stay car park near the pavilion where it is £6 for 24 hours - other on street parking has different charges and maximum stays.
Would love to come back with a group again to stay in the Crows Nest and also to try the tearooms. Whitby is an unusual town and La Rosa is an unusual hotel - and all the better for it.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have small balconies and amazing views over whitby
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Deliriously exciting boho experience, delicious hot chocolate served ion a silver coffee pot and scrummy gluten free cake, the surroundings are so special. Just love it's quirkiness, would HAPPILY live here :D. Thank You.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed here recently for a long weekend and I can honestly say La Rosa is one of the most unique and special hotels I've ever stayed in. All of the rooms are totally different, I stayed in La Rosa but to be honest I was tempted by all the others. The decor was incredible, we had a balcony with a gorgeous view. Breakfast comes in a picnic basket and is brought to your room. There isn't one generic item in the whole hotel. Everything is unique and has an abundance of character.

The only negative is that some of the furniture is a little worn and tatty because it's all vintage. This can be a good thing depending on how you look at it. I buy a lot of vintage things myself so it wasn't an issue. I know others though who might feel differently. That said it's totally clean, you really can't fault it on that score.

If you like a place that's out of the ordinary then head to La Rosa, well worth every penny!

Room Tip: La Rosa has a beautiful view and the decor is incredible.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Oh what a BEAUTIFUL hotel. A fabulous location and a really eclectic, individual style, we loved it.

We had booked to stay one night in the hotel and the second night at the campsite at half term but on the second morning a lovely lady came to tell us the campsite was pretty water-logged, it had been raining catsanddogs for about 2 days and did we want to stay on at the hotel. Well we were VERY happy to stay on at the hotel but I will now need to book another holiday as I really, really want to go to the campsite!

We stayed in 'Arabesque' which had a North African feel to it. A huge four poster bed stacked with cushions, a massive lion's paw roll top double ended bath which we enjoyed several times, the picnic hamper with a delicious breakfast brought to your room (warm buttered scones). Heaven!

We asked if we could have a look around and were shown all the unoccupied rooms, all marvelously decorated to a theme, we thought ours was the best although I would have liked to have seen the wooden bath but there was someone in that room.

The staff are lovely, the place is amazing, you could spend all day just looking around the rooms and we will definitely be going back.

The only very small criticism, the cakes we got from the tea room when we arrived were stale and I would have loved a teapot in the room as it's a bit of a pain making tea in a tiny cup and saucer.

Well, well worth a visit.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple