“Yet another great stay!”
Review of Sandpiper House

Sandpiper House
Ranked #9 of 154 Whitby B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 28, 2008

We've stayed at the Sandpiper 3 times now and each time has been great.
The location is perfect for us as it's only a 5 mins walk to the West Cliff and there's free parking on the surrounding streets....However, you do need to get there early to get a space!
The owners, Peter & Manetta, make you feel welcome and always have a smile on their faces....Even at 8 o'clock in the morning!
The rooms are decorated nicely (I like the 'pink' room) and are fresh and clean when you arrive. The rooms are provided with fresh towels and plenty of tea and coffee to keep you going throughout your stay.
Breakfast is served between 8 and 9 o'clock which sounds a bit early, but it gets you up and going so you don't waste your day.
The 'full english' is lovely and there's plenty of it too....There's even enough to satisfy my other half which is an acheivement in itself! It deffinitely keeps you going till mid afternoon.
All in all, the Sandpiper is our favorite guest house in Whitby and will continue to stay there whenever we can...In fact, we're booked in for a weekend in November and we can't wait!

Helen & Adam.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed October 24, 2008

We booked our stay on the internet via the Whitby on line site, and looking through the huge variety of accommodation available we chose the Sandpiper as it looked clean, tidy and the closeness to the town centre seemed ideal. We were not disappointed, the friendly warm welcome we received on arrival was wonderful, the room was well appointed and clean. The en-suite shower had a plentiful supply of hot water. The full english breakfast was outstanding and set us up for a full day of walking and sight seeing.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2008

Peter and Manetta couldn't have been more friendly and welcoming, from providing a map and guidance on where to eat in the evening to storing our rather smelly Fortune kippers in their fridge until we left. Great location with plenty of free parking outside, good quality breakfast and a lovely bedroom. thanks

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed June 9, 2008

I highly recommend this B+B for a place to stay. I'd seen this place on the web so checked it out on trip advisor it had really good reviews we hadn't booked we just went up to Whitby on the off chance of getting in somewhere the Sandpiper was the first place we tried. We was lucky enough to grab the last room in the place the reviews I read was spot on! the place was clean the owners friendly and welcoming and the breakfasts were amazing. We've stayed in a few B+B's in Whitby over the last couple of years and this one is by far the best it made for a pleasant and comfortable break, we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank HullGlobetrotter76
Reviewed June 8, 2008

This was our first stay at Sandpiper and we found it excellent. The owners were extremely friendly and helpful, the room was nicely furnished, very clean and had everything we needed and the breakfasts were first class. The location is Very handy for walking down the hill into Whitby town centre (5 minutes), and there is on-street parking (we were lucky and got parked right outside!). We would certainly go back again.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2008

Very reasonable price and friendly service, very hospitable, clean and welcoming. Central to all Whitby attractions and comfortable beds in lovely room with everything you would want.
Definitely recommended!

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed April 3, 2008

I love this place. This was my second stay there and it was even better than the first, as I was greeted like an old friend. The rooms are really well-equipped and comfortable, and the property as a whole is clean, bright and welcoming, with local art on the walls and nice decor. The hosts are lovely people - genuinely friendly and chatty, and every morning ask what my plans are for the day and if I enjoyed the day before, and seem honestly interested (but without being intrusive!). They're very helpful too. And the breakfasts are so excellent that I actually get up early in time to have them - I don't usually bother when I'm on holiday, so that's high praise indeed. And the food is all locally sourced and free-range where possible, which impressed me. The only downside I found to my visit this time was that the heating is switched off during the day (presumably because people are supposed to be out and about all day, but I was there to rest and relax as much as explore) and overnight, and I was really cold because of it (my first visit was in the summertime). But overall, I would really recommend this place, and I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled solo