“Excellent - if you love masterchef style food then you'll love the vault!”
Review of The Vault - CLOSED

The Vault
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Every Meal should be an Adventure! The Vault is not simply a restaurant it is a Fine Dining Experience. Located in the Vault of The Resolution Hotel, the bare brick walls set the tone for a Meal with an ambiance that is every bit as pleasing as its dishes. From the scroll menu to the historic Whitby artwork there is a surprise to wow everywhere you look. Happy Dining! Bon Appetite!
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I ate at the vault on the Saturday evening of May Bank holiday and we were not disappointed. We got a really warm welcome from the staff, and the place is full of character - the menus come out in a leather bound scroll! The waiter was attentive and after ordering our food we were presented with an amuse bouche - in this case a small mushroom soup and a small bread roll the soup was the best mushroom soup I have ever had. We weren't waiting long for the starters and they too were delicious. A few people on here have complained about a wait between courses. We probably waited about 20 mins which is fine with me - I like to digest one course before going on to the next! The main and pudding were also delicious. Having read some of the bad reviews on here I think they are really unjustified. My advice to anyone thinking about eating here would just be to read the menu first! It is fine dining - the portions aren't huge (yet are surprisingly filling!) and it isn't going to be rolled out to you at record speed - so while you're waiting just take in the atmosphere and enjoy it! If you want fast food go to a chippy! I would most definitely eat here again - excellent service, excellent atmosphere and even better food.

6  Thank jobes_jobells

Reviewed May 9, 2014

There are many places to eat in Whitby but only a few that we use regularly. The Vault has a distinctly different interior and ambiance than other local restaurants and is modern cuisine at its best. The service was welcoming, attentive, knowledgeable, polite, yet unassuming and the decor is very attractive. I noted, too, that there was plenty of space between tables, which is a bonus. Proper napkins, stylish cutlery and a novel way of displaying the menu are other positive attributes. The amuse bouche was to die for! Do not come here if you want an enormous traditional plate of food, but if you appreciate modern and interesting food, do try it.

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Excellent service and outstanding food. If you rate your food by size of portion then this is not the place for you. However, if you enjoy creative cooking and food taste at its very best, then look no further in this town!

This rates amongst the best food I have ever eaten combined with great service.

Great food, service and a very fair bill at the end of the evening, what more can you ask for?

Reviewed May 7, 2014 via mobile

Visited this restaurant on the Friday evening over the bank holiday weekend and I have to completely disagree with some of the latest reviews. My partner and I both found the food here incredible and agreed it's probably in our top five greatest meals! Every element was executed perfectly, the portion sizes just right and the service top notch ( I should know having been a restaurant manager for many years!). All in all this was a great evening from start to finish and can't wait to go back to Whitby so we can visit again. Thanks to all the staff, keep up the good work, you're doing an incredible job :-)!

1  Thank Jemimapuddleduc
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

We had dinner at the Vault whilst staying in Whitby and it was lovely. The bar above was a bit soulless so was initially a bit worries but once we got downstairs it couldn't have been nicer. 3 course fancy menu and amazing food for £25 was excellent value for money. Our waitress was delightful and and had a great time. Would definitely return.