“Perfect location”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of The Green Man

Average
top bedroom
middle bedroom
kitchen/lounge
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
“Gross”
Reviewed July 11, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
people found this review helpful

We came to stay with my parents for a couple of days when they booked this place for the week. I have a 4 year old and a 3 month old. Safe to say I never put the 3 month old down, the floor is that dirty! I didn't even want to put his play mat on it! It smells damp, we mopped the floor and the water was black bright! The rug I've taken a photo off needs binning! Discusting! The bunk bed my daughter was sleeping in, had the side panel snapped off, all graffiti written on the slats which were also broken. Dust all behind the beds, the place had never seen a vacuum in years! Sofa bed broken, settee looks as old as the rug! AVOID AVOID AVOID.

Date of stay: July 2017
Jul 15, 2017
I was away when this review came in I am now back in Whitby and have spoken to the couple that are staying in the Green Man and they assure in that every thing is fine and that they had no visitors and they have even booked to stop some extra days
rezzer200...
Pontefract, United Kingdom
“Poor”
Reviewed July 10, 2017 for a stay in July 2017
person found this review helpful

Went to visit my sister and brother in law for the day,thank god we weren't staying over,first impressions were,it's dark,smelly,and dirty,bathroom clean and bedding clean but kitchen/living area left a lot to be desired,to be honest I've thrown better in a skip

Date of stay: July 2017
Jul 15, 2017
SusanA847...
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed April 2, 2017 for a stay in March 2017

I expect a basic standard.
A couple of problems which owner was made aware of.
The offer of free nights will not be taken, although location was good and pet friendly.

Date of stay: March 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Apr 3, 2017
thank you for review and as far as I am aware we have solved the problems that you mentioned to us
The people that followed you in were really happy with the cottage
Paulthomp...
“Mr”
Reviewed July 12, 2016 for a stay in July 2016
people found this review helpful

Having booked at short notice and location thought brilliant . Upon arrival met at loading bay to unload car and dog then parked in car park space provided. Short walk back to cottage. 1st impressions I thought how quirky it was and location of it couldn't be any better. Walk through the door and the fusty smell hits you. Note on Wall saying please leave it clean and tidy when we leave!!!! Made me chuckle. Dust covering most things. Found old bottles under bed with old tissues. Electric extension cables hung down from TV in bedroom, these being pat tested but 4 months out of date. The socket the extension was plugged into coming off the wall.
The shower bathroom ( having read on a previous comment it had 4000 spent on it and had a previous leak) was still leaking. The radiator was also leaking and hanging off the wall.
Stairs dangerous having slipped down them. Hand rails on stairs loose. 1 of them attached to a panel that moves. Accident waiting to happen.. I would not trust these stairs with children about.
Was overall dirty and grubby in real need of attention.
I never complain about things normally but really need this to be aired.
Whitby is a lovely place and the weather was better than expected but this put a damper on things.

Date of stay: July 2016
Jul 13, 2016
Sorry you were not happy with the cottage we did text you on arrival to see if everything was OK, again you were asked before you left and again you didn't say anything was wrong. we only live next door and could have sorted out 70% these complaints immediately, we certainly needed to know if the shower was leaking because this can only happen when the shower is used, we didn't see any leak on the radiator but if it is in fact leaking we will get the plumber back we will ask the people that are in to check for us.
we do get over 60% re-books on this cottage with one family coming for over 20 years
georginar...
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Perfect location”
Reviewed April 17, 2016 for a stay in April 2016
people found this review helpful

Was so glad we booked this cottage for our stay in whitby. The location is perfect... Near to all amenities!

The cottage itself is cosy and quaint... Maybe a little updating is needed on some of the facilities and decor but that is a minor snag and wouldnt stop me from visiting again!

All essentials for self catering are provided... Pots, pans, glasses, mugs, kettle, toaster, oven.. Everything you need!

Would defo recommend

Date of stay: April 2016
courtnryv...
“Fantastic cottage close to the heart of whitby”
Reviewed February 18, 2016 for a stay in February 2016
person found this review helpful

Clean tidy cottage close to the heart if Whitby. Friendly people. Accepts dogs. Value for money. Cottage has lots of usefylk things to use also access to washing machines.

Date of stay: February 2016
Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
DawnKP
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“Mrs”
Reviewed November 22, 2015 for a stay in November 2015

Grear stay during a stormy cold weekend. The cottage was warm and cosy all weekend and had everything we need. Bed was comfortable, didnt notice any noise. we found it quiet. The decor won't be to everyone taste but for £25 pppn I dont expect cream carpets or granite worktops. It was clean enough, the shower room looked new and everything worked. I would certainly return and recommend

Date of stay: November 2015
Nov 23, 2015
Thank you I am pleased you enjoyed your stay
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing