“Frozen chips finished this place off”
Review of The Dolphin

The Dolphin
Ranked #145 of 214 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I go to Whitby a lot and it's so sad that more and more places are starting to use frozen chips. I've eaten here before and always found it really good but it seems since the refurb last year they too are serving good food spoilt by frozen chips, no real excuse for it in a town like Whitby where there are so many places to have good quality fish and chips. Shame cause since the refurb this place is really nice. Hopefully they change back to real chips.

1  Thank phil-and-suz

Reviewed August 9, 2013

After a disappointing night at the restaurant nearby we went to the Dolphin with low expectations but had a good quality meal with well cooked vegetables, good service and excellent value for money.

Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

If you want a tasty! Succulent! Fish crammed fish pie the travel to the dolphin in Whitby! The food is simply to die for! Fish pie crammed with fish in a delectable creamy buttery sauce topped with heaps of creamy mash potatoes ( not instant mash) the vegetables were cooked to perfection and melted in your mouth! The whole meal was well worth travelling to Whitby for from shropshire

1  Thank Shellybaby37
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We visited The Dolphin on a red hot day on 1st August. There were no free seats outside as you'd expect on such a nice day but we didn't mind sitting inside with our two children to have a refreshing drink. Only we got inside and were confronted by a rather rude lady who simply told us there are no buggies allowed inside and that was pretty much it. Had to do a U-Turn and exit. No way to treat potential customers, if she had even enquired if we could fold the buggy up and put it out of the way somewhere that would have been fine but no. It was a simple 'No buggies allowed'.

So, what she was really saying is CHILDREN ARE NOT WELCOME.

Very Rude.

3  Thank YFU
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My family and I were hoping to get a quick drink at the pub before heading back to York. Would have loved to have sat outside but as there were no spaces available we headed indoors. I was pushing my daughter in her buggy and member of staff appeared (I assume he is the landlord after reading reviews on tripadvisor) and shouted "no buggies in here" in my face. Will never return and would suggest others do the same.

3  Thank J99_13