“Fabulous seaside break”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Maritimus Cottage

A view of the riverside cottages - Maritimus 2nd from the right
A view of the cottage from the riverside beach. The view from the front room .... you don't get closer to the river and beach than this !!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
A view of the riverside cottages - Maritimus 2nd from the right
A view of the cottage from the riverside beach.
Master bedroom benefits from en-suite facilities, solid oak furniture, wardrobe and bedside table.
Additional double bedroom with fabulous views across the harbour.
View from the upstairs double bedroom window.
Single bedroom with views across the harbour.
Lounge area with 40 inch flat screen TV, DVD and Sky TV.
View from the lounge window
Family bathroom with large shower and roll top bath.
Modern galley kitchen with induction hob and oven, microwave, dishwasher and refrigerator.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

louisacar...
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Fabulous seaside break”
Reviewed July 16, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

This is the second time we've stopped at Maritimus cottage and I'm certain it won't be the last. The views from each room are amazing. Very clean and comfortable. My 4 & 6 year old love it here...such a good location...seconds from a little beach. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: June 2017
Jul 16, 2017
Thank you for your review. I'm glad that you all enjoyed the cottages' comfort and the views over the harbour. The beach beneath the house is great fun for children. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Whitby.
emmas6612
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great location for beach, abbey, shops and 119 steps”
Reviewed July 15, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The cottage was nicely presented and is in a super location for experiencing Whitby. We had a great stay and enjoyed being in quite a quiet location but near the hustle and bustle. Super family bathroom. Only problem was there didn't seem to be any blinds/curtains in the bedroom window upstairs so we had to fashion a curtain out of a blanket! Also the bedlinen is feathers which is a problem for allergy people so luckily I had brought my own pillow! Would be happy to stay at the cottage again to enjoy the amazing Whitby beaches/piers etc. Was a lovely holiday!

Date of stay: July 2017
Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Jul 25, 2017
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm sorry about the upstairs blinds - the previous wooden blinds didn't fit the front of the dorma windows that were all replaced last year. I'll look into alternatives for this. I'll also swap the duvet / pillow spares at the cottage for anti-allergen ones for future guests use.
Jennifer...
“Beautiful little cottage”
Reviewed July 9, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Stayed here in April 2017. Beautiful little cottage right in a central location. Small beach just outside the cottage which was perfect for my little boy. Just a few steps away from the Main Street in the old part of Whitby. The cottage is quite small but it is well presented. Furnished lovely and lots of quirky little features. Beautiful views of the harbour from living room and bedroom windows. The only downside was no parking, there are lots of paid car parks a short walk away but as we went at quite a busy time these were often pretty full, but this didn't bother us too much as we always found a space. Overall really enjoyed our stay. If we were to return to Whitby we would definitely consider staying in maritimus cottage again

Jul 10, 2017
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your time at the cottage and it's location next to the beach and old town shops and restaurants. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Whitby.
weekender...
Gateshead, United Kingdom
“So central”
Reviewed July 7, 2017 for a stay in June 2017

Our 2nd visit to this lovely cottage. So central and views are stunning. The stairs are quirky,cottage very clean and comfortable.

Date of stay: June 2017
Jul 9, 2017
Thank you for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed the location and comfort of the cottage. I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.
AFriend29
Halifax, West Yorkshire
“Great location”
Reviewed May 24, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

We stayed at the cottage in late April. 2 couples, one with a baby.

Great facilities, nice dining kitchen area, all open plan with the living room so it was very good for chatting whilst preparing food. The downstairs room also fits a travel cot well.

I can see why people have commented on the steps as the internal stair case was a bit unusual- I wouldn't recommend it for elderly guests/guests unsteady on their feet. However, I was happy enough going up and down it holding a baby, just took care.

The cottage really is in a great location right in the middle of the older part of town, not far from the steps up to the abbey. It was great to sit and look out onto the harbour and watch the boats coming and going.

Parking near by at church street car park was handy.

I'd recommend a stay here to explore the town.

May 25, 2017
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the cottage, it's location and the views across the harbour. I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
483flo
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Easter Jolly”
Reviewed April 22, 2017 for a stay in April 2017
people found this review helpful

My family and I had a wonderful stay. The cottage was lovely and clean with modern facilities throughout
The beds were extremely comfortable and views over the harbour were great.

Apr 23, 2017
Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed the comforts of the cottage and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Whitby.
Josie049
Derby, United Kingdom
“Tardis”
Reviewed April 20, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Love this cottage, it's like a Tardis, looks really small from the outside, but once you get through the front door it's amazing! The views are fabulous!, and it's just off Church Street, an enviable position..... We've rented this cottage the last two years in February and will do so again ( if it's vacant)... brilliant place

Date of stay: February 2017
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Apr 22, 2017
Thank you for your review. I never thought of the cottage like that before ... but the cottage size is deceptive and location and views are a hidden gem. I look forward the welcoming you back to Whitby on your next visit.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing