“Exceptional ”

Greenock, Renfrewshire
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Exceptional ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

Fab hotel in a beautiful setting. Room was very comfortable and spacious. High standard of cleanliness in the accommodation and in the fab spa area. The staff were courteous, friendly and helpful. Breakfast in the airy contemporary conservatory looking out on to the lush gardens set the tone each day for our adventures in the beautiful North Yorkshire countryside. Hoping to return for another break soon!!!

Middlesbrough, England
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Amazing hotel with small spa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my two sisters as an overnight break - the hotel staff are amazing 5* plus the customer service is so good throughout I would recommended other hotels look into their training packages!

We checked in and went straight into the spa - the treatment I had was a body blissful - it was really nice but I felt as though I spent more time in the relaxation room before and after than the actual treatment room - there was a couple of women who were talking rudely loud in the "relaxation room" which annoyed me but that aside it's lovely but small with only 3/4 beds to lay on...

After the treatment we went to the pool area which has a great size pool but a tiny jacuzzi for so many people who were there and also limited seating... The sauna and showers were really nice...

We stayed in a room which was like an apartment it was beautiful with decking outside which backed onto the river - so peaceful it is an excellent location.

We went into the restaurant and the food was really good, again the service was constant - one of the fridges was broke which happened to have the wine in we wanted - so had to wait a while for a bottle but this was given to us free for the inconvenience - without any hesitation it just wasn't on the check to sign for...
We went back to the restaurant for breakfast and it was continental and hot food, we all loved this.

Following our meal we had a few drinks in the bar area which was really well presented and comfortable with the same great service throughout.

We were allowed to go back into the pool area after breakfast which topped the stay off nicely - I assumed we would have to pay for this as other spas I've stayed at you would but this was included so an extra bonus!

I would recommend this as a couple or friends spa stay - even as a restaurant should you live locally... This hotel also does weddings - if this is the standard I imagine the staff and good would make your wedding day extraordinary!

2 Thank Lauren19
Cumbria, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Very disappointing spa”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

My friend and I visited the spa and were very disappointed. We booked a '25 minute' massage (which we were told was 30 minutes when we phoned up). It ended up being 20 minutes long!! I asked for a firm massage and got a therapist who couldn't really be bothered and didn't appear to be a trained masseur or qualified in any way. Upon speaking to the spa manager we were told that the 25 minutes comprises the time in the 'relaxation room'....
Very disappointed and certainly not 5 star!!!!

3 Thank lucuss66
TACKLETART1974
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“very friendly”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2014

stayed for two nights for a short break in a deluxe room, the only reason it didn't get 5 stars is I felt the room was small. Staff were all superb, as while we were there the spa was nice a quiet which allowed our baby twins to have their first ever swim.

Visited May 2014
Bradford, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Oversold luxury”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

I am afraid all the self hype did not live up to expectations. A pre birthday treat for my partner was spoilt due to a series of experiences which meant the whole experience was expensive for what we actually received.
An inclusive dinner package with spa treatments with a couple of drinks cost just short of £800.
The result was three of the four main meals were complained about, over cooked duck and lamb, dry and poor Risotto, which was bland and not even cooked with risotto rice. We were given concessions of a bottle of wine and a main knocked off the bill the second evening, however we would have preferred good food as promised.
The spa has a children's session which we were not informed of so spa treatments booked at that time were spoilt due to a very loud atmosphere in the small spa. Not the relaxing atmosphere we were promised, kids being kids but in the know we would have avoided it at that time .
All in all not the relaxing luxury break we were expecting. All in all an experience I would not repeat!

3 Thank Ian_Ish