“Delicious!”

Silver Street Fisheries
Ranked #8 of 214 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Silver Street Fisheries Whitby, Traditional Fish & Chips in the historical fishing port of Whitby, North Yorkshire. Autumn/Winter Opening: Open Lunchtimes Friday and Saturday. Open Evenings Tuesday to Saturday. Please check our Facebook page for our opening times especially during school holidays.
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We visited this chip shop a couple of times during our week long stay in Whitby. The paddock is,delicious and cooked while you wait. The shop is spotless and the staff are friendly and helpful. There are a couple of tables outside for when the weather is nice. There's also room to sit and eat indoors. Excellent food with reasonable prices, best fish and chips we have had.

There are newer reviews for Silver Street Fisheries

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Used take away service. Phoned ahead but felt the carry out had been waiting around a bit. Chips not so good nor the scampi. Fish suppers appeared to be best. Thought it a bit much having paid over £50 to have to pay extra for 3 sachets of tartar sauce.

Reviewed June 1, 2014

We were new to Whitby, and went here based on the reviews on Tripadvisor. Not only were the fish and chips excellent, the portions were great too, and the prices was surprisingly low. There are a lot of ridiculously over-priced fish and chip shops in Whitby, and this is NOT one of them! The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful and even threw in an extra piece of fish for my children to try! I would absolutely recommend them!! You can also sit outside on nice wooden benches!

Reviewed April 29, 2014

What a wonderful fish and chip shop, and nothing too much trouble! I'd taken my daughter and her friend for a day trip to the Whitby goth weekend, together with my mother and shopping trolley and we came across this gem of a shop. It was away from the crowds, the service was friendly and quick, the food delicious and me and my mum even got complementary cups of tea (obviously looked in need), and facial piercings (not me and mum) were taken in their stride. Mum couldn't finish her portion, and the owner gave her instructions on how best to heat it up later for tea, and she said it was nearly as good. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

My family have had a weekend retreat in Whitby for a few years now since we discovered this little gem after moving to the West Cliff we have not ventured elsewhere. Reliably chunky cod and generous portions served with a smile even amongst the chaos of Good Friday evening rush!