“My visit to the Museum”

Museum of Victorian Science
Ranked #16 of 53 things to do in Whitby
More attraction details
Owner description: A virtual visit to Dr Frankensteins laboratory with Geissler Tubes, Bouquet Tubes, Railway Tubes, Jacob's Ladder, telegraph system, early x-ray tubes and many more crackling spark, electric flame laden demonstrations. Showing the education of the young Victorians, using many of the static accessories and rare artefacts, as used by them. We hope your visit here will prove interesting, stimulating and will give an insight into this largely extinct branch of science.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Awesome visit. I enjoyed watching the experiments very much.Tony's museum is very good and he is a brilliant scientist!

Reviewed July 17, 2013

An excellent visit out for those who love science, especially the hands-on variety. Informative and entertaining, well worth the money.

1  Thank rlolachi
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Ok for my only downside to this you really need to have some basic physics knowledge in order to get the most out of this. However, my wife and I really enjoyed our trip even though we have little science background at all. It was excellent and the range of demonstrations was fantastic. Tony has an absolute fanatical knowledge of physics. It was well worth the entrance fee and I would recommend anyone who wants to see something interesting and at times stunning demonstrations should book to go, but as I say it is very physics based and some knowledge or interest is probably an advantage to get the most out of this experience.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Tony, the scientist who owns and leads the "tour" through his tiny, one-room collection is fascinating, knowledgeable and a truly unique specimen. He clearly knows and is passionate about his stuff. And it's a very weird and wonderful experience, . . . for the right kinds of folks. Not for the easily bored, the non-science inclined, those who need to move around. We (spouse and I ) enjoyed it, and came out more aware than we went in. You must to call ahead to schedule, and have to find your way to his little town. We had a pint in the Arncliffe Arms beforehand, where we parked. Interesting day.

3  Thank nancyye
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Wow...
All I can say is this is truely a national treasure!
We were warmly welcomed by the owner/ presenter Ton, and then we were amazed/ stunned/ delighted for the next two hours...
Tony has created an amazing display of scienctific equipment and apparatus- BUT more importantly, Tony fully understands the science behind them AND excellantly explains & demonstrates all the apparatus: many of which he has masterfully made himself.
Along with this, the setting is beautiful as the village is nestled in the valley. And the journey, either by car or train, is worth going to the village alone. With this treasure to visit too... Well, superlatives abound!!

1  Thank Robin C