“Absolutely Fantastic!”
other travelers have booked this property

Review of Kauri Cottage

Cottage front and main access - view to communal lawns
View of front of Kauri Cottage front from the River Esk Ground floor well equipped kitchen
Check Availability
Dining Room with French doors to outside patio and communal lawns
Dining Room showing aspect of kitchen
Dining Room showing aspect of kitchen
Second Floor Lounge
Second floor lounge with French doors to outside balcony
View from second floor French doors and balcony
View from second floor French doors and balcony
First floor single bedroom
First floor bathroom with shower
Second floor bathroom
Whitby beach walk to Sandsend
The famous St Hilda's Abbey
Whitby at night
Beach Sunset
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

roberttT9...
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Absolutely Fantastic!”
Reviewed April 23, 2018 for a stay in April 2018

My booking enquiry was accepted promptly by Barbara which enabled us to quickly finalise our plans for our weekend away. Barbara kept me updated with all the information we required to plan our stay with clear information throughout. The accommodation was spotless when we arrived and everything was in working order. The location and outlook from the property was/is fantastic, plus we were able to wave to the steam train on more than one occasion across the river. The weather was perfect which added to our enjoyment, but I’m sure this cottage would be just as relaxing in wet weather too. The layout of the cottage is perfect, with the kitchen and dining on the ground floor, along with a toilet. There’s the lounge and balcony on the 1st floor with a single bedroom and bathroom/shower, with the 2nd floor having the remaining double, twin and a further bathroom. The BT Broadband, TV and WiFi was an added bonus, which enabled us to keep in touch with friends and family and allowed us to share our relaxing and exciting break through a video chat with our son in Australia! We were able to leave the car in the parking area in front of the cottage and walk in to Whitby along the disused railway track. This was a perfect home from home which I’m sure we will use again!

Apr 25, 2018
Thank you for your review Robert and I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the cottage. I think it’s a perfect setting by the river with great views of the steam trains coming and going from Whitby. It’s a peaceful convenient location away from the hustle and bustle of the centre of Whitby but close enough to enjoy all that Whitby has to offer. I look forward to welcoming you again in a different season. Best wishes Barbara
Reviewed February 26, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Mar 12, 2018
Thank you for your review Lucia and that you enjoyed your stay at Kauri Cottage. We think the setting by the river next to the magnificent viaduct is worth seeing each day. I hope we can welcome you back sometime to see it in a different season. Best wishes Barbara
Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 30, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Dec 31, 2017
Thank you Anne for your review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay for Christmas and the cottage had everything you needed to celebrate away from home.
I look forward to welcoming you in the summer to see Whitby in another season.
Best wishes for 2018. Barbara
Newcastle and Gateshead, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2017 for a stay in December 2017

Dec 11, 2017
Thank you Louise for giving a review for Kauri Cottage. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Whitby and I hope your overseas visitors enjoyed it as well. The changing seasons offer so much variety of activities and I'm sure you'll enjoy it just as much if you decide to come again in the summer. Do get in touch if you're interested in booking next year.
Best wishes
Barbara
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

Nov 23, 2017
Dear Gill I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay at the cottage. I met two of your friends and they were really helpful as I was struggling with putting the new mattress on the sofa bed! Good to hear the cottage met your expectations and that you managed a walk to Robin Hoods Bay. It would be lovely to welcome you all back in warmer weather.
Best wishes Barbara
Reviewed October 30, 2017 for a stay in October 2017

Nov 4, 2017
Dear Meena thank you so much for your review and I'm very pleased to hear you enjoyed staying at Kauri Cottage. It is in an idyllic spot but is close to the buzz of Whitby town which as you say is a short taxi ride or a 15-20 min walk. I hope you come and stay again if you are coming to Whitby again. Once again thankyou for your lovely review. Best wishes Barbara
Geoff H
East Maitland, Australia
“Great location but 'headsup' re. towels”
Reviewed September 24, 2017 for a stay in September 2017
person found this review helpful

Kauri Cottage is a centrally located accommodation, giving access to Whitby (20 minute walk over an impressive viaduct), Robin Hood's Bay (2 hour walk and bus return) and other local areas. The cottage is well appointed and comfortable. However, it should be pointed out that the information for the cottage on Trip Advisor, under 'Amenities', indicated that 'linens' are provided. This is correct for sheets etc, but TOWELS are not provided. This information is on the Cottage website, but could be missed if basing information on the Trip Advisor site. This may not be a problem for people from the UK but, for people from overseas, it requires either the purchase of towels, or the carrying of towels, taking up limited luggage space. In our 5 weeks in the UK and Republic of Ireland, staying at a range of accommodations, this was the only place that did not supply bath towels and we found this to be very unusual.

Sep 26, 2017
Thank you for your review and your comments on your stay at Kauri Cottage. I have noted your comments about towels and now let anyone booking know that towels are not provided when they first enquire to book the cottage. In the 12 years guests have been staying it has never been raised as an issue. However I take onboard the issue for overseas visitors and will now keep a few towels at the cottage for emergencies such as yours. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your travels around the uk and wish you a safe journey back to Australia.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing