“Average Afternoon Tea”
Review of Brace Restaurant & Grill - CLOSED

Brace Restaurant & Grill
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Intimate, relaxed dining in the most sublime of atmospheres, and of course exquisite food. That's what guest's enjoy when they take a seat in the Brace Restaurant. Our restaurant takes all the best elements of a traditional steak house and creates a stunning gourmet experience that is not easily beaten.All the meat served in the Brace Restaurant has been reared by Yorkshire farmers, and is cooked the traditional way and grilled on the bone in order to maximise the flavour.With the bounty of the North Sea a stones throw away, guests who visit the Brace Restaurant are not restricted to the finest meats Yorkshire has to offer, but also some of the finest fish and shellfish in the world.
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Our afternoon tea was average at best, not enough sandwiches, uninspiring in general. However the setting is pleasant. On our visit fine weather permitted outdoor dining on a terrace which overlooks beautifully manicured and cared for gardens. The hotel is a new build, smart but a tad numb and functional in feel. Nice enough though formulaic inside. Not a great deal of character. Service was sweet but lacking, they are a young crew, friendly, accommodating but often unaware. We had to get up and request both menus and our bill. They are trying though and we departed feeling amenable and would thus give Raithwaite Hall another go for lunch or dinner in the future.

1  Thank mrstraveller1

Reviewed August 4, 2012

We stayed in the hotel and decided to eat in the bar area as we were staying with my 5 year old daughter and felt the main restaurant may have been too formal for a young child. I ordered a steak which in hindsight was a mistake as it turned out to be quite tough - in fact its the reason I'd give 4 stars rather than 5. the rest of my meal was very nice. My mum had a simple club sandwich which came with chips served in a little chip basket which was a nice touch. The childrens meals were fabulous. My little girl ordered pasta bolognaise which turned out to be the nicest spag bol Ive ever tasted and instead of the usual unimaginative ice cream dessert - they brought her a beautifully presented plate with various chocolate desserts - a little cake/choc icecream/choc covered strawberries! In fact all our desserts very excellent and well presented.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Good food with excellent service, staff all very friendly. Food very nice and very reasonably priced.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

After purchasing a travelzoo voucher for Raithwaite Hall at a discounted rate we were looking forward to having a meal at Raithwaite Hall. My partner and I got a starter each, the soup was very nice however I was not impressed with the pigeon. Please be aware that the waitress will ask if you want water but make sure you ask for tap water or they bring bottled water which was very expensive.Our steaks were excellent and the sides were very nice aswell. The service was top notch as you would expect from this type of establishment. It all went downhill after we received our bank statement 2 weeks after we visited. It appeared on our bank statement that we had been charged twice for the same thing so if anybody else has been recently it maybe worthwhile checking your bank statement.

I would go again but only if I had a voucher.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

What a find this place was. We booked this as a treat to celebrate a significant birthday for my mother-in-law, and we weren't disappointed. The venue out in the countryside is tranquil, the gardens are incredible and the staff are polite and friendly. We booked 4 double rooms and each one was very comfortable and well-decorated. We had an amazing afternoon tea on arrival, in fact all the meals we had were excellent. There is lots to see and do in the surrounding area which makes the visit even more special. Definitely being going back in the not too distant future. Thanks very much.

1  Thank andymacf