“Another great stay!”
other travelers have booked this property
Lounge with Freview TV, 42" LCD TV & Surround System
Double Fronted Detached Cottage with Hardwood Double Glazing for Warmth & Quiet Lounge with Cosy Log Burner Set in Antique Fire Surround for those Romantic Nights in
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
Double Fronted Detached Cottage with Hardwood Double Glazing for Warmth & Quiet
Kitchen with Induction Hob, Full Oven, Combi Microwave, Coffee Machine & Washing Machine.
Main Double Bedroom with Mahogany Sleigh bed
Double Bedroom with Mahogany Sleigh Bed
Twin Bedroom with Mahogany Sleigh Beds Second Floor
Designer Travertine Family Bathroom
BBQ & Seating Area immediately in front of Gulls Cry & LED Patio lighting & Security Cameras
Summer House in Court Yard
Rear of Gulls Cry as seen from Cliff Street
Hall
Lounge at Christmas
Court Yard at Christmas
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Lennore
“Another great stay!”
Reviewed May 19, 2014 for a stay in May 2014

Second time we have stayed at this cottage and my adult children beat me to it as I crossed over the threshold and announced once again " I could live here". The cottage has everything you could wish for and is so close to everything without spoiling the tranquility. We have two children with us ages one and three and it is perfect for them. The three year old loves being in the yard and we are secure in the knowledge that we can watch him from the kitchen so allowing him some freedom. Highly recommended!

Traveling group: Extended Family
May 27, 2014
It's always a great pleasure and makes me so proud that guests feel we have done enough to make them want to revisit Gulls Cry, rather than holidaying elsewhere in Whitby.
Many thanks for a really appreciated review.
Rallymast...
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Easter Short Break”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 for a stay in April 2014

Gulls Cry Cottage is very clean , modern and central with parking. A really well fitted out cottage that meets all your needs. The jewel in the crown was the enclosed private courtyard where we would sit out in the evening with the firepit burning peat logs whilst enjoying the last of the evening light with a glass of something warming.

Traveling group: Friends
May 27, 2014
I am so grateful for yet another great review to enable other guests to evaluate a place to stay in the ever popular Whitby
JimbobJam...
“Beautiful Cottage”
Reviewed April 25, 2014 for a stay in April 2014
person found this review helpful

My partner and I stay in Whitby each year, usually around Christmas. This year we decided to go with friends during half term and managed to find this golden gem.

Colin, the owner, is a very nice bloke and extremely helpful. All my dealings with him were via email and after mountains of questions (on my part), Colin was very prompt to answer.

The cottage is beautiful and is situated within a minutes walk from the harbour and all the shops etc.. The overall cleanliness of the cottage is to a very high standard and the furniture / decor is also very nice and to a high standard. It also comes fully equipped with pretty much everything you would need for your stay.

I would highly recommend the cottage to anyone and we will certainly be back!

Thanks Colin and your housekeeping team for making our stay wonderful!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
May 1, 2014
Once again really can't say enough about my appreciation of a great review like this and the time taken to write it.
I will still strive to keep up the standards, and improve where possible to enable my future guests to have as an enjoyable stay as my previous hopefully have.
Tijakeja
Sittingbourne
“A dream come true”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 for a stay in March 2014

The Cottage is an absolute gem immaculately clean has everything you would want and more.Excellent location superbly and tastefully decorated and furnished to the highest standard.
Colin the owner was unbelievably helpful going above and beyond what any one can reasonably expect both prior to during in and post our visit answering questions on the cottage and providing superb details for eating out and visiting the area all extremely accurate.
If you can find anywhere better in the Country I will be amazed

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Mar 15, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time and effort for a really thoughtful review, it really is appreciated.
The comments on cleanliness are a credit on the efforts of my partner along with our Housekeeping Team, thank you so much.
My own childhood and adult experiences in and around the area enable me to hopefully give accurate and honest descriptions which are written in the welcome pack. Thank you
saskiam19...
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Perfection!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

My partner and I stayed at Gulls Cry for the festive period and it really was the most relaxing and enjoyable Christmas that we have ever had-we put this all down to the wonderful Gulls Cry Cottage! Not only did the cottage have everything that you could wish for in terms of practical items (an extremely well equipped kitchen, including tea/coffee and other useful condiments, tea towels, cleaning products, a large dining table, washing machine, TV, DVD player and a selection of DVDs, surround sound system, board games, bath and shower, iron and ironing board), the manner in which it was decorated and furnished made us feel like our stay was really special and luxurious and most importantly, made us feel 100% relaxed. With beautifully decorated bedrooms, which all had amazingly comfortable beds and TVs in them, a spacious and modern bathroom, a cosy and homely lounge with large, squidgy sofas and a log fire, we really couldn't have asked for anymore. Colin, the owner, had even put a Christmas tree up for us and other tasteful Christmas decorations. We spent most of our time at Gulls Cry, simply sitting with the fire on, admiring our surroundings! When we did decide to venture out for a beach walk, it was great to literally be a 2 min walk away from the bustling centre of Whitby...hard to believe really, as the cottage is tucked away in a quiet and secluded side-street with it's own patio-court-yard. We truly couldn't fault the place. Thank you Colin!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Mar 15, 2014
Many thanks for a great review, I feel Christmas would'nt be Christmas without a tree to sit by and the log burner glowing, really please you enjoyed it.
PDLMillSk...
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Immaculate & Beautiful Cosy Cottage!”
Reviewed January 27, 2014 for a stay in January 2014

Can highly recommend Gulls Cry Cottage. Its the only property I have rented in Whitby that was immaculately clean. The décor, beds, furniture etc is all of high quality. The owners have done a fabulous job with it. Also it would also be fantastic in summer because it has a private outside decking/seating area (with BBQ) something you don't often get with Whitby rentals. We had a fabulous weekend in your very beautiful 1660 period cottage, thank you Colin.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Cleanliness & quality of everything
Liked least: Nothing
Traveling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Feb 9, 2014
Hi,thank you so much for a wonderful review. My housekeepers are very good at what they do and Linda, my partner, & I try to go at least every 3rd or 4th let and deep clean it, to keep it to a high standard. We really appreciate that it's noticed.
We will endeavour to keep the furnishings and decor in good order so others such as yourselves can continue to enjoy the breaks you all undoubtedly deserve in Gulls Cry.
Colin & Linda
deanieeyr...
Worksop, United Kingdom
“Fabulous cottage”
Reviewed January 7, 2014 for a stay in December 2013

Stayed at Gulls Cry for the new year, we immediately felt at home, warm welcoming and cosy. Fantastic decor and renovation, comfy beds snuggly and warm. Close to everything, all in all a fantastic place to stay in Whitby can't fault it.

Jan 8, 2014
Really appreciate another brilliant review and so pleased you had a great vacation in Whitby.I will continue to add bits and freshen up the cottage to make sure it remains a pleasant and cosy place to stay for a well earned break.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing