“Great food and pleasant atmosphere. 🍺”
Review of The Granby

The Granby
Ranked #136 of 151 Whitby B&B and Inns
“Great food and pleasant atmosphere. 🍺”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

If you are looking for value for money try the Granby....a great selectn of ales and the food is spot on and I tel you there is plenty of it!!......the staff are friendly and the service excellent. Can't wait to go back

• Stayed May 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Called in for a drink only this year at the Whitby Goth Weekend, as last year when we had our meal, we were somewhat disappointed that after burning my Gammon steak, they tried to hide it under pineapple, egg and salad, so we gave it a miss this time round, the beer was good though and the atmosphere is ok, will keep my eye on the reviews to see what everyone is saying about the food quality because I'm sure we'll be back here sometime in the future when we next stay in Whitby..

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dnowland_12
South Yorkshire
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Just returned from another brilliant weekend in Whitby and both days made a point of eating at The Granby. Not been disappointed yet! Fish and chips were excellent on the first day and the mixed grill and lasagne were equally as good the following day. Met some very interesting people there too. Well done and thank you, we will definitely be back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bikerbabe54
Ulverston, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I was in Whitby for the weekend in another establishment, when I asked advice on a good place to eat. I was directed to The Granby by a local, and I was not disappointed. I ordered 2 roast dinners.(1 lamb and 1 beef, without Yorkshire pudding) My wife and I both thoroughly enjoyed it, but beware, you need a big appetite. Even without the Yorkshires we couldn't finish it all. We could not fault any part of it. The staff were very nice and the service was prompt. The menu was quite extensive for a pub. Just a short walk from the town. Would definitely use this place again on my next visit.

Room Tip: We dined in the small lounge on the left as you enter, but there is a larger lounge to the right. D...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tony5998
Whitby, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Went with my elderly mother and sister for a meal earlier today. After being told that various things on the menu weren't available, my sister had to settle for a bowl of chips, and me and my mother settles for scampi. As I'm writing this, me AND my mother both have terrible stomach aches, so I'm not worried that we were food poisoned.

Avoid at ALL costs.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Whitby hotels

Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

What can I say about this place. To start off they allowed children in which was a great relief. The atmosphere was one of high spirits. There were lots of families enjoying themselves with children of all ages.
There was a good selection of meals on the menu and the prices were very reasonable too. There were 8 people in my group including a fussy 4 year old and a fussy 89 year old. We all ordered and apart from a little wait, the pub was very busy, our food arrived piping hot and very adequate portions. The food was fantastic and there was 8 clean plates at the end. Very friendly staff who were very accommodating. Would highly recommend this pub to anyone visiting Whitby.
Only downside I found that they worked on a cash only basis and could not accept debit card so would advise a trip to an ATM beforehand.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012

called in there with my beautiful girlfriend and had a lovely lamb dinner very good service and clean we went back the next day and had the same . very nice pub grub .very nice girlfriend .will go again next year with my beautiful girlfriend and have the lamb dinner again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple