“13 diners all happy”

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
whitby
“13 diners all happy”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

A mixed group of 13 visited the Hart for lunch, we ate upstairs having pre booked. The waitress was extrovert & better for it and the food was excellent. Good portions, well presented and of good standard. I would definatly go again and reccommend. The white choc & rasberry cheesecake was spot on. All in all a really good way to spend a wet & wild sunday linchtime

• Visited December 2012

Telford, United Kingdom
“Top little pub!”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

We stayed in Sandsend for 6 nights and went to the Hart 3 times for a meal and a drink. We chose the chickpea and spinach curry twice, as it was so delicious, and came with a good sized nan bread and rice, although my husband also ordered some chips which were yummy. Prices reasonable and I saw lots of excellent-looking meals being served, pretty huge portions too, and I didn't hear any complaints. It's not cordon bleu, just excellent pub food served by friendly staff.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great little pub in good location”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Didn't eat here but had a few drinks. Lovely warm little pub with character and a great place to have a drink especially when the weather is bad outside.

Visited October 2012
Saltburn-by-the-Sea, United Kingdom
“small things make a big difference”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I went with the family and in klaws for my birthday on wed 14th Nov. Sandsend/Whitby are some of my fav locations and living not far away I have passed the Hart Inn mor etimes than I can remeber.
So after a friends recomendation we decided to give it a try.
Wednesday evening meal booked for 7.00pm the pub was quiet and we were the only group upstairs in the restraunt.
Bearing in my this is a coast/country pub I thought the room was very good and had a relaxed atmosphere.We have a daughter of 8 and she was free to come and go without any bother .This in turn relaxes her mam and if they are relaxed I am.
One thing to say here is that the young waitress was very helpfull no problem with changing order etc ,The all important meal ,well, I have to say I enjoyed it lamb shnk and veg was very good. Starter of pot wedges Ok a bit like shop bought though,suite nice but not enough,again this is a country pub but the suit was a la carte (eg small). The main issue is the chips , not home cooked but frozen now this is a deal breaker to me , luckily I did not have chips with mine but eveyone else did and this was a big let down.
Not sure about the bill (it was my birthday after all !) but even so home cooked chips are a must.
For this reason I would not go again but only this .Ohh and the little plastic ketchup sashes ,again a country pub but you expect better .

Norfolk, United Kingdom
“Good food but can get very crowded”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We visited on a Sunday lunchtime and the bar was busy with no tables available. The barmaid said we had to be seated to order food, so, fortunate with the whether for a November, we sat outside. I had a very tasty minestrone soup, with a large chunk of warm bread, and my partner had a very ample fresh crab salad.

We got the impression that the barmaid wasn't very well informed about what was available, but the food was delivered very promtly with a smile from another member of staff.