“tonygill”

Ranked #26 of 151 Whitby B&B and Inns
Lahania, Rhodes, Greece
“tonygill”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

This was our second stay with Freda and Dave. Once again we weren't disappointed, they make you feel so at home and welcome. Lovely cakes in the room ( not Mr. Kipling!). This a definate destination for us. The breakfast was great, kippers and poached egg first day and full english the second.

Room Tip: Stayed twice in room 2, room 1 just as good. Room 1 at front but both quiet
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Reviewed November 6, 2012

This is my second stay at rosewood b&b and as always Freda and dave were so lovely and welcoming , stayed in room 2 and was just as lovely as room 1 , couldn't ask for more had a big hug and tea and scones waiting for me and my friend which were delicious and was so nice to be welcomed back ...the breakfast yet again was brilliant very tasty and very filling full English , not to mention the organic compot yogurts Freda does are so yummy ... Never stayed anywhere before and felt so welcome was do here and have recommended this bed and breakfast to friends and work colleagues and customers as its the best ....will be returning again in the near future so see you soon Freda and dave :-) xx

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Reading
Reviewed November 3, 2012

For my first trip to Whitby I chose to stay in the Rosewood based on the large number of great reviews here. And perhaps I had set my expectations too high due to this, I'm not sure. Both Freda and David are very friendly, that is true, and they are very hospitable. Both the room and the en-suite were very clean - which for me is the most important element when I'm staying in a hotel or any accommodation, so if I was only reviewing that aspect I'd give it 5 stars. However, me and my husband were largely disappointed by the breakfasts and extras. I found the English breakfast, whilst generous in size, was overly salty and not of good quality.The scrambled egg and salmon was not tasty at all, I dont know how they cooked it but it was rubbery and I actually couldn't eat the majority of it. The 'tea' that I read so much about, which was served on arrival, was basically a couple of store bought scones with some unknown jam and a bit of whipped cream. Not anything near to what I was expecting based on the reviews - when I read afternoon tea, I imagine lovely big scones, clotted cream and delicious jam. Yes, it's always nice to have some form of refreshment and perhaps that's what they should advertise it as instead of an 'afternoon tea' because it's misleading. Also, no sooner did we walk into the door were they asking us if we wanted our tea. We didn't even get a chance to put our bags down! I chose the Rosewood because the price seemed right & based on the reviews I thought I was going to get something really special. Again they are lovely people, super friendly and helpful, and perhaps if they did a cheaper rate without breakfast I would stay here again. But if I do ever visit Whitby again - which I hope to! - I certainly will look around for other B&Bs/hotels first.

1 Thank readingsanna
Brighton, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

This is the friendliest B&B I have ever been to. When I arrived late in the evening, Freda had prepared a cream tea for myself and my travelling companion - perfect after an eight and a half hour coach journey from London! My room was lovely and huge with an en suite bathroom which had everything I could possibly need. A VERY comfortable bed and all mod cons. Breakfast was spectacular....such a selection of organic fruits, muesli, cereals, yoghurt....plus a full vegetarian (my companion had a full meat English breakfast) with fried bread, veggie bacon, veggie sausages, fried egg, beans...the list goes on and on! Endless amounts of tea and toast...Freda couldn't have looked after us any better. I was made to feel very welcome and Freda was knowledgeable about the local area, where to go, where to eat, cheapest prices etc. She even put some cake in our rooms every day and made us a packed lunch for our long coach trip home. Friendly, value for money...a real home away from home! I recommend the Rosewood to anyone travelling to Whitby....straight, gay, goth, film fan, couple, single, male, female or otherwise...there are no prejudices here! Thanks Freda and Dave - hope to see you next year!

Room Tip: Both rooms seemed equally as good!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

As a regular guest at this B&B, I am constantly impressed with the lengths that Freda & Dave go too to make our visits special and us feel welcome. From greeting us at the door to Dave's excellent full English breakfast to Freda's beautiful varied fruits and homemade compot.... 5 star from this reviewer, see you again soon.

• Stayed October 2012
Halesowen, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Lovely B&B, could not be faulted.
We had a fab nights stay, very comfortable and clean. Food & service was excellent.
The rooms had everything you could think of - and more.
Freda & David were very helpful and kind.

Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Freda made us feel very much at home. The best points of the place are the huge bathroom, the choice of teas and coffees and the warm welcome. Breakfast was lovely. We had a car and could park outside which was good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends