This place was a real find, right in the centre of Whitby. A stones throw from the Abbey and right next to the shops and pubs etc. Having said that it is very quiet and relaxing. Really friendly staff who were happy to help! We stayed in room 2, four poster bed with lots of quirky features and accessories! Beautifully put together and thought out! The room leads out onto a court yard which can be used by the other rooms, but mostly we had it to ourselves for a quiet glass of wine or reading in the sunshine. The courtyard is full of beautiful flowers and even a dove house!
The room itself was very small and the bathroom only had a shower, which didnt bother us! My husband did complain about the tiny fun sizes TV, which could only get two channels, however, in my opinion, you don't come to Whitby to stay in and watch TV!!!
All in all, a wonderful two night stay. If you want an unusual, romantic, break right in the centre of Whitby, this is the one for you!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful Accommodation in the heart of the Old Town, situated on Whitby's popular East side. Nestled below the roof tops of Church Street is our hidden garden, with galleried court yard accommodation and pretty bedrooms decorated with stripped pine furniture and lacy curtains, four posters and brass bed steads. Private balconies and china cups. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cancelon so you can book your The Shepherd's Purse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shepherd`s Purse Hotel Whitby
- Shepherds Purse Hotel Whitby