“Best cake ever”

Cuisines: Greek, Mexican, Seafood, British, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2014

We stayed at Sanders Yard for 1 night but loved the Attic Room so much extended our stay. Breakfast was amazing and the wonderful array of gorgeous cakes to die for! Hidden away but please give a go- wonderful staff

Reviewed August 25, 2014

The Greek Salad and Humus with Olives my wife and I shared was excellent. The salad was fresh, the Feta cheese and Humus tasty and to finish , the Curd Tart is worth going into Sanders Yard for alone .

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Fabulous atmosphere, welcoming, lovely staff.
Food excellent. Cakes deliciious. We keep going back!!! Brilliant place, cannot fault it.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Always ate here when I lived in Whitby and when I returned and stayed in a Dove Cottage. This time folk week in a Campervan up by the Abbey. Still great food, well presented, good honest ingredients and even my vegan friend found something she could eat. The cakes need to be seen to be believed! So do try it.

1  Thank WirralClaire
Reviewed August 25, 2014

Sanders Yard without a doubt caters the best for Vegetarians in the whole of the Whitby area. Unlike some of the big guns like Bothams who cater as far as standard cheddar cheese and egg for the vegetarians amongst us, there is a variety of sandwich/jacket potato fillings and platters which would delight the tastebuds of any vegetarian. I've never tried the cakes but they look delicious and there is a range of drinks (including herbal teas which I always struggle to find in a lot of places). The staff are friendly and helpful and I must say the cafe is VERY child friendly, with toys available and great changing facilities. (only niggle being that the size of the food portion varies depending on which staff are in)

1  Thank Dakota S