“Nice coffee and tasty cakes”

Sanders Yard Restaurant
Ranked #52 of 213 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
York
“Nice coffee and tasty cakes”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My wife and I have been here before but we visited today with friends.
We all had 4 cups of coffee with a slice of cake/pie each. 1 Coffee and Walnut cake, 1 Lemmon and Poppy Seed cake and 2 Apple and Bramble pie (one with cream).
The portions of cake/pie are pretty large and very scrummy. The service is great, and the prices are good.
Next time we visit Whitby we will call in again.

• Visited January 2013

Durham, United Kingdom
“A Winter's Tale”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

After a cold but energetic climb up to Whitby's atmospheric abbey, there is nothing nicer than to relax in the welcoming atmosphere of the restaurant/cafe at Sandler's Yard. In spite of a wide meal menu we settled for cakes and coffee. Coffee and walnut, pecan pie and the best of all was the treacle and orange tart. The cafe offers a choice of seating, ranging from sofas to tables and chairs. We always seem to arrive there in winter twilight so we must try it again in summer.

• Visited November 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“excellent cakes”
Reviewed November 11, 2012

everytime we go to whitby this is the first stop.nice coffees and excellent range of cakes and sweets.on the plus or minus side depending how you feel ,it is cosy and when busy is quite cramped.the portions dont look over big ,but are rich and filling..overall seems a well run service

Visited October 2012
Greater Manchester
“Yummy again!”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Being regulars for cake & coffee at Sanders Yard and having had a lovely evening meal earlier in the year, my hubby & I went for another whilst in Whitby for Goth weekend. Hubby went with his previous choice of Steak pie (gorgeous, tender & delicious steak) and I chose the mushrooms in filo pastry - mmmm, beautiful richness of flavour to the sauce, crisp pastry, very ample portions. I had no room for pud but shared a bit of H's luscious strawberry cheesecake. I've never eaten anything here that wasn't really tasty and this is always first and last port of call whenever we are in Whitby. Keep up the good work guys.

• Visited November 2012
“Goth weekend”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Been here before, so I thought I'd give it another try.
Food was exquisite with good size portions and home made.
I went there for my birthday and I'm glad I did. See you again.