“Chillaxing place for all!”
Review of Raithwaite Estate

Raithwaite Estate
Ranked #2 of 19 Hotels in Whitby
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Our stay had been a surprise gift so we had no idea what to expect. What a lovely surprise it turned out to be!
The hotel is set in beautiful landscaped grounds well off the main road so there were no issues with traffic noise or even people walking past. The room was beautiful with a balcony overlooking the garden and stream which runs by. Small details like the provision of an ironing board and iron (which I didn't use!) with a hairdryer in its own bag and the turn down service were things which made us feel our needs had been considered. Staff were extremely helpful and the offer of parking our car instead of having to venture out into the pouring rain to do so again made us feel that we were being really well looked after.
Breakfast was generous and offered almost everything you could choose to eat at that time. Dinner was also worth staying in for - though if I have any slight criticism it was that the food was not quite warm enough for my liking. It was obviously well cooked and presented, but arrived warm rather than hot so cooled faster than I'd have liked.
Spa facilities looked as if they would provide welcome relaxation and treatments, but I hadn't thought to book well enough in advance so had to content myself with a swim and sauna. The gym was small but offered a range of the usual equipment - running machine, weights etc.

We'd love to go back here with the rest of the family as it was so clearly a place that caters for all age groups and a range of interests. It was quiet and relaxed and let us reconnect with each other - well worth the money and time!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the gardens so you can see the stream and landscaped views up the vall...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,163)

Reviewed October 29, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were treated like honoured guests! The rooms are an absolute joy. The food was spot on. The Spa, very enjoyable after two days of Edinburgh and very very relaxing followed by a Afternoon Tea that would put Bettys in the shade. Welldone Raithwate Hall. Look forward to spending time there again soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a surprise 30th Birthday present and stayed in a suite Which was faultless! The staff were very friendly, helpful and accommodating. There was a problem with the wifi in the suite but within 2 mins of reporting it a member of staff was at the door with the hotel admin wifi password. The Spa was very good and quiet with a very vigorating steam room and sauna. My partner had a treatment massage and said she felt extremely relaxed after it. We ate in the Brace Resteraunt where the food was fantastic and the service exceptional. I can not fault it at all. I had read the reviews on here prior to going and all I can say is that those who have rated this hotel down have been nothing but wrong! I work on the theory that things might happen and things might not be quite right but you can only judge on how the hotel deals with it and in my opinion this hotel was first class and couldn't do enough to help!!! I would definitely stay here again! Oh and the walk around the gardens was a pleasure in the warm autumn sun!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We booked for a celebration of 25 years of marriage and first impressions were good with car parked for us and evening meal in the Brace restaurant very pleasant only let down by a fellow diner who wore scruffy shorts even though his partner had dressed for the evening! We had an issue with a faulty light in the bathroom which despite twice reporting nothing happened. However on complaining further on second day hotel redeemed itself fully by offering a free upgrade to a suite. Our second evening meal with a guest joining us was faultless as was breakfast on our last morning. Cannot recommend this hotel too highly - we plan to stay again.

Room Tip: Suite and executive rooms both good
1  Thank Jonathan W
Reviewed October 25, 2013

Had a wonderful spa day at the Hotel, we only live a few miles away at Runswick Bay campsite so were regular visitors to the hotel, but this was my first spa experience... and what a wonderful experience it was.. Facilities are lovely, ladies changing have all the mod con's, hair straightners, hair dryers etc, I had the most wonderful facial and body massage's and finished off with the spa pool's... after all that hard work had a 2 course lunch, there was no goats cheese salad on the menu but that wasn't a problem for the chef, who made me a delicious one, Followed by Lemon sole again very delicious..... So spa facilities are highly recommended...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Just returned from a 2-night stay with my grandchildren in a family suite at the Raithwaite Hall. I didn't have to walk to the car park...reception called a staff member to park my car for me....thats the sort of excellent service you will get. The suite was superb...all facilities including faultless tv and wifi, excellent food, perfectly clean spa, faultless staff...... everything you expect from a quality hotel. This was my third visit and I look forward to my next one when I go back to Whitby..

ps......the beer seems to have improved....

Room Tip: i have never had anything other than good rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed at The Keep.
Warm helpful attentive welcoming staff. Room comfortable and clean. Good breakfast choice. Rest of family stayed at the Lakeside Lodge fabulous luxury for large groups.
Only minor issues
Not able to get wifi we could not get mobile phone connection unless we went outside. Shower ran intermittently in the night, drinks expensive.
Attended for first 1940's weekend will not return. Steam train delays ruined the day, overcrowded and far too expensive

1  Thank Alfie12013