The Waverley
Ranked #28 of 152 Whitby B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in the first week of March with my boyfriend. I chose this guest house based on the reviews on here and can honestly say we were not disappointed in the slightest!

The Waverley is absolutely immaculate. Our bedroom was spotlessley clean, tastefully decorated and had quite possibly one of the comfiest beds I have ever slept in! The Waverley Bear was a cute touch in the room too! It was well appointed (tea/coffee/hot choc, kettle, hairdryer etc) and warm, with a view across to the Abbey from our window (we were in room 3), just the kind of room to crash out in after a long day out exploring in what was a very chilly and windswept Whitby!

Our cooked breakfasts were lovely, tasty and set us up for the day. The dining room again, is spotless, but not stiff like some places I have stayed (where you can only whisper in case you disturb someone!)

The guest house was easy to find from the directions on the confirmation email and I had no problem parking my car at the top of the road, a 2 minute walk away.

David and Tania are wonderful welcoming hosts, they really have a passion for making the Waverly a lovely place to stay. I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this guest house to anyone, and I would definitely go back if I was planning a trip up to Whitby again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank leannef55
David B, Owner at The Waverley, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Thank you for leaving a wonderful review of ourselves and The Waverley, we do take great pride in trying to make sure our guests have a great stay with us, regardless of the weather.
Hope to see you again in the future.
Kind regards D&T

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great room, superb breakfast and very good value in a town where very good value is hard to find. All of the guest house is spotless and clean and nearly as warm as the welcome and service from Dave and Tania. I have stayed in hotels and guest houses for the last 20 years of work but this one is a better than 99% of all that I have stayed in, and that includes the very expensive that I treat myself to now and again. I hope this helps anyone looking for a bed in Whitby

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank patrick g
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We stayed just for one night, we were welcomed by David who knew who I was without me even saying a word !! We were shown to our room, which was lovely and clean, breakfast was excellent !!! Best breakfast I have had in a long while, would tell friends about this b & b

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joanna K
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We stayed at the Waverley for one night and due to the welcome from Dave and Tania, wished we had booked for longer, however we shall return. The views from our bedroom were fantastic and it is located in a central area for visiting the whole of what Whitby has to offer. Breakfast was first rate, room spotless and warm and of agood size. Glenn and Bev.

1  Thank glenn j
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Overall a very pleasant B&B. Service was excellent and the welcome was warm, freindly and informative. We had room 6 which was clean and the en suite was like very clean, which is not always the case even in more expensive places. The location is only a ten minute walk from the town centre. Breakfast was excellent with plenty of choice. On road parking can be a problem but there is, if space is available, free parking 3 to 4 mins walk away on the Crescent. May be more of an issue in high season. We were lucky and David had space behind the hotel. No hesistation in recommending this establishment, and David and Tanya are very good hosts. If you are new to Whitby the Magpie Restaurant is highly recommended even if you have to queue.

1  Thank i_calvert84
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Just returned from a lovely night at the Waverley.
Great location, just 5 minute walk to the town centre.
We had room 9 on the top floor which had a lovely view of the abbey. Great tasty breakfast and very friendly hosts in David and Tanya.
If you want a B&B in Whitby then look no further.
We will be back. Peter and Viki

Reviewed February 10, 2013

booked in on a cold windy day but tania & david wear very good thay put a heater in room for me to worm up but heating was on any way room well apointed and clean bathroom fantastic very good breakfast hope to stay again

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo