“Great Hotel”

and 1 more site!
Seacliffe Hotel
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Whitby
Reviewed May 16, 2014

This is a lovely hotel, great room, lovely breakfast and the owners and staff are fantastic stayed here foe a week whilst working in the area. I would definitely recommend this hotel to stay in Whitby is also a lovely little town

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed April 21, 2014

We booked this hotel following trip advisor review information. The room was clean, comfortable; staff were polite and courteous; breakfast was delish and well presented. The hotel is central in Whitby and overlooks the beach/sea. We'll worth a visit and great value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view room, looked lovely
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank alysonno1
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We have just spent a lovely weekend in Whitby staying at The Seacliffe. There were 6 couples in our party. We were there to celebrate a 70th birthday. The hotel was clean. The rooms were not large but were ok for a couple of nights.
We found the owner and staff to be friendly and helpful.
Overall we were happy with the service.
The hotel is well situated and has some parking which is a bonus.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a couple of days, found it to be comfortable and owners friendly. Situated about half a mile from the centre of Whitby, the view of the sea from room 3 made the stay for my wife all the better. Would highly recommend!
Situated where it is makes it an ideal place to use as a base for exploring the North Yorkshire Coast.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank meboDerby
Reviewed March 18, 2014

After a disasterous last minute cancellation in January for my partners birthday by a hotel up the road due to a change in management I looked around for an alternative place to stay that would allow a dog...
I came across the Seacliffe and booked for March. The person I spoke to on the phone to book was very helpful, gave me lots of information regarding choices of rooms and the options available for taking our dog.
The customer service had already surpassed the previous hotel I had booked with even though we had not yet arrived!
The other hotel had seemed completely uncaring that despite being booked three months in advance, they had ruined the long weekend I had planned for my boyfriends birthday by cancelling with two days notice, and wanted to charge us more to honour it! Anyway, I digress...
We travelled up for two nights bed and breakfast on Friday and were not at all disappointed with the service!
The dog friendly room was not large but was very clean and comfortable. We did not need a large room as we planned to be out walking with him most of the day anyway.
The first night was very quiet but we could hear some foot noise from people above on the second night indicating that the walls/floors are not very soundproof but it did not disturb us or prevent us from enjoying the stay.
There was tea and coffee available and a nice large shower ensuite in the room with a lovely big window that looked over the cricket pitch.
The breakfast was lovely and both mornings they had already laid out a table in the bar for us so the dog could sit with us whilst we ate.
The staff were lovely - especially Paul (?) who was very friendly, helpful and welcoming.
Despite towing a young border collie around with us - who was very excited to be somewhere new - we did not feel like we were imposing at all.
We had a lovely couple of days around Whitby town and at the Abbey and had a relaxing drink in the bar of the Seacliffe on the first night - again, with the dog, and we would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who wants to be near the beach, have a friendly and welcoming atmosphere, and/or wants to take a dog with them.
It is about a 10minute walk into town and wifi was available on request, which was very useful for once we were in the room for the night.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank I4252LY
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Shocking!! The owner of this hotel is a black heart. First he runs down his staff to me. Then I end up paying an extra 2.25pound for chips which should have been with the meal. was from a freezer and the fish crougons was not crougons at all but something from a box which was thrown into old oil. I had to remove the cover. The staff working for him was so scared of him that he lied in order not to be told off...how sad is that? So I paid R167.00 for a cup of coffee.
This is so shocking I cannot believe he made me pay that money after I told him that I was not told the chips was extra.... plus the meal was inedible.
Mr Hotellier... you are so desperate for money... maybe you should look at your food... you clearly have problems...

Room Tip: Dont stay at this place. He will milk you dry.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank moonlioness
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Arrived to a very helpful/welcoming reception. The manager gave us two keys and said pick the room we liked best. We chose room 21 with a sea view, it was very clean and had obviously just had a fresh coat of paint. We had our dog with us and he was made to feel very welcome however a young member of staff could not provide a drinking bowl for him when we asked at reception even though the manager did only a few hours earlier. Breakfast was very nice with a good selection on the menu. The location was very good, 10 mins walk to the harbor. If we return to Whitby we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: 21 is a sea view.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple