“Stunning”
Review of Bino's Bistro - CLOSED

Bino's Bistro
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
yorkshire
“Stunning”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Fab fab fab restaurant ..... Make sure you book early as it's only small... Everything was amazing ..... Even the food..... I wanted to marry our waiter but my wife got upset......I left her there..... Only joking ... Make sure you go here... It's the dogs xx

• Visited December 2013
4 Thank gazzmoo

Manchester, United Kingdom
“Great food at a lovely location.”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Visted last summer on a romantic break.
The staff were very nice and the food was excellent!
Such a lovely location also. A little pricey but it was worth it.
Would totally recommend.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Lauren L
Manchester, United Kingdom
“The worst service I've ever had”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

My partner & I had left it a little late to get a table anywhere on a bank holiday weekend but spotted that Bino's had a free table. We walked in where no one greeted or even acknowledged us so we eventually went to the back where there was a bar and asked if there was a table avaialble. The girl replied in what can only be described as an 'arsey' fashion that there was one at the back. We sat down at the table where there was no menu's and had to wait 5 minutes for them to be brought over, we then waited a further 15 minutes to order.

While we waited for or drinks we noticed that the skirting boards and plug sockets were dirty and when our drinks arrived (2 cokes) they were completely flat. We waited half an hour for our starter and when it did it was average at best. As soon as our food arrived another customer went to the bar to complain that they still hadn't received their food even though they ordered before the last 3 tables to get food. During the course of our starters we heard further complaints that meals were incorrect.

Following our starter we waited another half an hour for our main and heard more customers complaining about incorrect orders. Our waitress then came over to tell us that our food had been made but was taken to the wrong table and she asked if we wanted to wait while they made it again. I got the distinct impression they didn't even want to cook it again. Due to the poor service, average quality and the awful atmosphere due to all the customer complaints we didn't feel like staying. We told the waitress not to bother and she quickly said she would get out bill! They didn't offer much of an apology or a discount on the bill, which funnily did arrive in a timely fashion.

Absolutely awful and would recommend that people steer clear of Bino's. There are not very many table's in the restaurant and is completely beyond me how they managed to make such a mess of the orders.

As we'd been in there so long it was far to late to get anything else to eat so we ended with a packet of crisps in a pub.

• Visited May 2013
4 Thank Nikk19_84
“change of hands?”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

I go to Whitby twice a year & have done so since 2004 I found binos on my 2nd ever visit back in 2005 since then I have made a point of eating at binos when I am in Whitby & introduced my friends to what was a little gem but I went in with 5 friends this april, at first all seemed as usual until we noticed the addition of plastic tablecloths plus I didn't recognise any of the staff (as a regular visitor I got to know them).when we ordered the waiter had to write it down twice & when we asked for slight changes (no tomatoes on one meal sub mushy peas for peas) it was ignored. Usually after being served we got a checkback to see if all is ok this also never happened & we had been in the place & ordered 30 mins before another couple yet they got served before us.It was hard to get any service & the steaks 3 of use had were grey & dry although the other 3 fish meals were ok. I can honestly say I have never had such an awful meal when I complained they said we should have done this before eating????? anyway they said they would not charge for tea & coffee but as 3 of these were included in the price of the meal this worked out as £4 off an £80 bill I think Binos has definitely changed hands & after this experience I will never go back

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank tanithblack
York, England, United Kingdom
“Hit and miss food, poor service, but a decent price”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

From the outside and the menu the place looked nice, but unfortunately it wasn't what we expected. Most annoying was the service by a guy who obviously wasn't trained for this, couldn't carry more than two things at the same time and handed us the bill before our table was even fully cleared after the main course! No desserts, coffee or more drinks apparently, very rude. That being said my friend's mussels were quite good considering the price, my Whitby shrimps and scallops tasted liked nothing really, with very dry peas and chips on the side. I guess £7 for a main course is quite decent, but I had way better meals for the same price.

• Visited April 2013