“Pinewood Guest House”

Ranked #75 of 151 Whitby B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Pinewood Guest House”
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We have just got back from a weekend at Whitby, myself, my husband and our 2 friends. This will have been the fifth time we have stayed at Pinewood. We are never disappointed. We were slightly concerned that the new owners would not have the same standards as the previous ones. We really shouldnt have worried they were so kind and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. We didnt think the breakfasts could be improved on- we were wrong. Cereal, fresh strawberries,raspberries, blueberries, grapes. Lovely yogurts. And then the full English- amazing. All organic and locally sourced. The pots of tea and toast kept coming as we ran out. Our rooms were spotless, with immaculate white bed linen and towels.
Our trips to Whitby would not be the same if we didnt stop at Pinewood.
See you next year.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lorraine2286

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2012

We stayed at Pinewood guest house for a weekend , It was a party of 5 couples and 1 child ,On arrival we were all greeted very warmly by Josianne and Tim our hosts. Our bags were taken to the rooms and were left to settle in . We found the guesthouse very clean and tidy all the rooms were supplied with tea/coffee and biscuits and fresh bedding / towels , hairdryer and Tv . The guest house is 5 mins from whitby beach which is very clean , whitby is full of shops bars and restaurants and are all in walking distance from Pinewood . The breakfast was enough to keep you full til tea time .
Josianne and Tim went out of there way to make our weekend special to the point of dinning out with us at the local fish restaurant Trenchers . I highly recommend a weekend in Whitby staying at the Pinewood Guest House and we cant wait to go back thanks you Josianne and Tim

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank jacs039
Grand Prairie, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Pinewood house is one of the loveliest B & B I have ever stayed in. I booked the double en suite room for me and my son. While booking rooms at the Pinewood House, I said to myself well, it's just a modest place for me and my son to stay while vacationing in Whitby. But when we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised at how spacious and very clean and comfortable the room was. The double beds were beautifully made with luxury sheets/comforters/duvets. It had a tray with hot water kettle and coffee and cookies. The bathroom was very clean. To top that were the very friendly hosts Tim and Josiane. Upon arrival we were warmly greeted at the door, they personally helped us with our stuff to our room. We were immediately made to feel at home with they way they interacted with us. In the morning, we were more amazed at the sumptuous breakfast prepared by our host Josiane herself. All I can say it that we really, really enjoyed our stay at the Pinewood House, and will stay there again when in Whitby. I will highly recommend this B & B to anyone visiting Whitby!

Mary.

Room Tip: Any room in this B & B is comfy.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mary M
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Our two night stay at the Pinewood was wonderful. It's a beautifully maintained B and B in close proximity to the beach and town and provides everything you need. The rooms are comfy and spacious and the breakfasts are delicious. However what really made our stay were our fabulous hosts, Josianne and Jim who went above and beyond their roles to ensure we had a great stay. From waiting up late for us to arrive to spotting it was my birthday and buying me a present!! They eagerly invited all guests to join them for drinks or barbie food as they had family visiting and even got red wine out of my white jeans...highly impressive!! We would definitely return and can heartily recommend this B and B to anyone visiting Whitby!!

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank EllieBr
Sheffield UK
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Four of stayed here; me, my husband and our 2 friends. We had 2 double ensuite rooms for 2 nights, breakfast was included. The Pinewood is just a 5 min walk from the sea front, there are lots of pubs and restaurants and the usual seaside attractions. The beach at Whitby is particularly impressive. The beds at the Pinewood were very comfy and there was plenty of storage space. There was a flat screen TV, hair dryer, kettle and tea, coffe and biscuit supplies. The bathroom has a really effective, hot shower and the whole place was very clean and nicely decorated and maintained. The full English breakfast was very good and the hosts were friendly and helpful. Altogether the Pinewood comes highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank HJBW
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great location, excellent service, rooms were very clean and modern and the breakfast was varied and very well cooked. I would not hesitate in staying again and recommending to anyone looking for somewhere to stay in Whitby.

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank sarahaskham2003
Redcar, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 26, 2012

Stayed at this b&b for one night.
Our room was on the ground floor - it was spacious, very warm (in a good way, was freezing outside!) and had a nice bathroom, including bath. We had a problem with the tv in our room, the signal was not working correctly - this wasn't a problem as we weren't in the room all the time, but could have been if we had stayed longer.
The owners were friendly - not too over-the-top and not aloof - just how I like it!
The b&b is in an excellent central position.
Lovely breakfast - plentiful and well cooked.
All of the above for only £65 a night - excellent value!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple