“Great place”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Whitby
stoke on trent
“Great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Been going to Whitby for well over twenty years & stayed at the same places a number of times, but as they could not accommodate us all for the weekend we decided to try Hudson's & we were not disappointed, beautiful place, decor excellent very modern & fantastic breakfasts all rolled in the with the beautiful weather of the weekend - We will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

First of all, I don't visit somewhere to stay in the room! I have no idea if the tv had a good reception, or if it had been cleaned behind the bed.
I've never enjoyed staying in any B&B in Britain but this is the first to not put me off from doing it again.
We had room 12 which is an attic room, not what I would choose as we're both nearing 6 foot, but this place is busy on weekends and 3 weeks notice wasn't enough to secure a room without the roof beams intruding. The rooms are clean and have almost everything you expect, my only request would be face cloths and a large bottle of water on arrival. I'm sure tap water is fine but I never drink from them.
The bathroom was modern and clean with a great but noisy shower. The showers are so noisy we didn't have our usual late night shower as it would definitely wake the street up. The adjacent rooms showers were the same, they were superb anyway!
The breakfast is fab, in a lovely relaxed dining room, with great hosts.
Finally, the location is spot on, minutes from all the night life but quiet enough for a good nights kip. On street parking near the B&B is pretty good too.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank zakblack71
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

Just got home from having a week in North Yorkshire. Had a lovely stay in York in a Premier Inn then we moved on to Whitby. Booked the Hudsons after looking at reviews on here. Found it to be a very nice place but could be better. Bed for me was just too hard and my hips once again felt bruised after lying on my sides (had similar in Tunisia last year). Lay out of rooms nice but not very practical for things like doing hair or make up! Bathrooms cold and quite cramped with no where to put your toiletries. Shower good though. Can't comment on breakfasts as didn't have any, not a breakfast person. Hosts were very nice and friendly though and I'm sure breakfast would have been lovely.

We stayed in two different rooms, room 9 and room 4. Room 9 quite small but otherwise OK and room 4 large with an amazing mirror. So in a nutshell nice but probably not the best.

1 Thank S C
Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed 6 times now over 3 years and we are never disappointed.
We stayed in the beautiful room 7 last week and couldn't fault our stay at all. We slept so well in the big comfy bed.
The breakfast is always delicious, and nothing is ever too much trouble.
This is the place to stay if you want really friendly hoteliers, who have the perfect balance. Their knowledge of the surrounding areas is great, and you always get a warm and friendly reception.
We never stay anywhere else now as we know that we are always guaranteed a great stay in a modern, clean b&b that is run by a fantastic couple.

• Stayed September 2013
Ipswich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed three nights at the beginning of September when we travelled on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway and did some walking. Had one of the more expensive first floor rooms, large, airy and very well decorated and furnished. Only slight snag was a need to improvise somewhere where I could sit without the computer on my knees and use a mouse.

Good range of choice at breakfast. Matron even had Boiled Eggs and Soldiers one morning. I stuck with the Full English including excellent Bacon and Sausages.

An easy stroll into the town, including the Station if you are travelling on the railway.

A couple of points to watch though. If you are thinking of an early start breakfast isn't till 8.30 though you could probably negotiate something a bit earlier. Parking for us was an absolute pain and I suspect that it often is at busy times. There are lots of B&B's in Hudson Street and most of the other properties are subdivided. All rely on on street parking. Additionally, it's also popular for beach and sea front parking as it's free.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights at the beginning of September. We had one of the bedrooms on the 3rd floor. Rooms are recently decorated with nice new showers. Wasn't huge but perfectly adequate. We looked in the rooms on the lower floors and they were larger however, ours was £10 a night cheaper.

Nice cooked breakfast and the owners are friendly. For the price it is well worth it and would stay again.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

If I could give Hudsons 20 stars I would do. Our rooms were stunning, and now I desperately want to decorate my bedroom at home in the same way! My husband has been warned. Spotlessly clean throughout, delicious breakfast, a warm welcome and easy to park right outside. We walked down to the harbour side in 5 minutes and were really glad we hadn't booked somewhere down there as the parking would have been very difficult. Mark and Laura are lovely and should be congratulated on getting the ambience exactly right. Well done.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family