“'Excellent Accommodation'”

Wentworth Guest House
Wentworth Guest House
Ranked #98 of 152 Whitby B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 23, 2012

What a pleasure it was stay at the Wentworth, a delightful clean room, superb breakfast choice and friendly Robin to look after you, ideally located for visiting Whitby. We'll be back !!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank norsuk
liamzzz, Owner at Wentworth Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

There are newer reviews for Wentworth Guest House

Reviewed June 10, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights a while ago and it was lovely, nice decking area at the back, good room, wonderful breakfast, separate tables would have been better though, as a couple we didnt want to share. We didnt have to as we explained so - so all was well. The weather was so good we wanted to stay another night, but they were full, but Robin put us in touch with a lady in the next road who accommodated us self catering wise and he said we could have breakfast at his for a small charge. So we would go back again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valueformoney124
liamzzz, Manager at Wentworth Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We stayed for two nights as part of a larger group of ten people. The Wentworth was ideal for our needs, the folks who ran the place were very pleasant and looked after us well, and the room was exactly as we would have hoped - clean and comfortable

Breakfast was leisurely and we weren't hurried away as we sat and chatted on, we had a table set up for the ten of us. Robin couldn't have done more to be helpful and make sure everything was ok. Would certainly return if in the area again :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank MazzerP
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Thankyou for a lovely stay. I think it is one of the best guesthouses I have stayed in and I certainly will be recommending you to other people. Perfect location to enjoy all aspects of Whitby. I loved the piping hot breakfast and all the accompaniments. Makes a great start to the day. The room was lovely and had those thoughtful touches like wine glasses!!! A great place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank yorkiegirl72
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Thank you Robin Caroline & Liam, for a most enjoyable weekend break. My wife and I were in Whitby for a friend's wedding, and It was our first visit to the area. We were made very welcome and felt completely relaxed from the time we arrived to the moment we left. The room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast excellent and the owners friendly and informative. Will stay again when we visit the area again

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank PaulHickling
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I think I will start on a positive; the room was lovely, it was nice and warm and it had a lovely en suite (although the shower head kept dropping on my head). The couple who run it? Condescending and rude. They were clearing away the plates as we were still eating! They told us breakfast was between 8 and 9 (which I think is ridiculous on a weekend) and then when we turned up at twenty to 9 he had cleared everything away and was rather annoyed that he had to get it back out again, as he stated "oh, I thought you weren't coming". We were pestered for money from the moment we arrived, he asked us several times in the first half an hour - to which we paid upfront as we had been made to feel like we were going to do a runner! He spoke to me like a child accusing me of making noise and leaving doors unlocked when I did no such thing. Then the following morning he said infront of the whole breakfast room, "i would like to thank you for being quiet last night as nobody heard you" ... what exactly did he do? Ask all the guests if I had been noisy? I think the place was ridiculous and I would only go back again if I felt the need to be treated like a 2 year old. I write this review on behalf of myself (age 26), my boyfriend (age 31), my mother (age56), my father (age 58) and my fathers partner (age 46).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank bubble26_12
liamzzz, Owner at Wentworth Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2012

We remove plates when guests are finished. They came down to the dining room after the end of Saturday breakfast which is 8.45. I was happy to still serve them and did so with good grace. When I put the first couple in thier room, on arrival, the gentleman said that he wanted to pay straight away and that the other lady also wanted to pay immediately. I saw the lady a little later, thought she wanted to pay so asked her. I do not "pester" anyone to pay. We asked them as a group to be quiet as we had other guests and our own family in the house. We do this with all parties greater than four because we want everyone to have a good experience in our home. The following morning I was thanking them for being quiet, which is just good manners. There was only one other group in the dining room at the time, but I can't see why a "thank you" is any problem.

Reviewed February 7, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay here. Great central locaton, lovely breakfast, free road parking, 4 poster bed, friendly greeting and couldn't do enough for us. Many thanks, will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple