“\\Great find friendly and welcoming”

Boulmer Guest House
Ranked #65 of 154 Whitby B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 18, 2010

After a trawl through B & B's in Whitby over a few days I decided to book for a couple of nights at the Boulmer Guest House, and what a good choice. I took my 9 year old daughter who was over the moon that we were put in the teddy bear room. Paul and Helen were great hosts and we were given lots of good information at breakfast to keep my daughter happy while in Whitby. The new play ground about 3 minute walk form the gust house is one of the best I have ever seen (wish I was able to play on it), and Paul's knowledge on the best place's and times to go crabbing with your rasher of bacon are second to none. Breakfasts were very good and my daughter now wants me to cut her toast in to animal shapes when she gets up in the morning (a very nice touch on there behalf). Rooms were clean and you can not smell old cooked breakfasts at any time or any where in the building some thing I always think a good thing.
5 minute walk into town centre, West Cliff is a really nice part of Whitby so book with confidence you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 17, 2009

My wife and I chose the Boulmer Guest House in Whitby, after having looked at many pages of guest houses,and we were really happy we chose this one.....

We wanted a few days away with my son,so that we could relax and see Whitby and also travel out to other places...

The location is five minutes from West Cliff and again about five minutes from dropping down the road into the heart of Whitby harbour.........

The couple Paul and Helen were such wonderful hosts and made us feel very much at home straight from the kick-off! The room we had was room 7 (family room ground floor), which had an ensuite(which was more than adequate for us all) and had been refurbished recently and was lovely and relaxing.In the room you have a tv/dvd player, kettle and coffee/tea/hot chocolate/biscuits, etc...On our first night the TV was really fuzzy and the next day Paul had arranged a TV guy to come out and fix the problem(great service Paul-thanks) which added to our enjoyment relaxing back in our room late on after being on our feet all day and night!!

Our room had a double bed and a single bed(just wish that the mattress on the double had been as nice as on the single),as for us the mattress on the double was too soft(personal choice-more than a criticism),and the one on the single lovely and firm.........In the room their was a good sized double wardrobe and their were three bedside chest of drawers and a full one also,so loads of storage space, and the room still had plenty of space!!!!!!!!!

The next day we could choose from the Full English breakfast(which was lovely),or scrambled egg,cereals,toast/jam,fruit juices, etc... Or even beans and sausage which my son loved!!

There was a nice choice of papers,whilst breakfast TV was on in the background,to add to the relaxing morning atmosphere,and if you wanted more toast,coffee,tea, nothing was a problem at all to either Paul and Helen......

Paul and Helen were very helpful with recommendations for places to go and to eat and to what to see,so we took full advantage of their guidance........

All in all if we go back to Whitby,we will be calling in and staying at the Boulmer Guest house once again..........as we had a lovely break..........

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank 3-12-2015kp
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I picked Boulmer at random from the Internet to stay for a couple of nights and it turned out to be a very good choice. Well situated on the West Cliff, it is little more than five minutes' walk down to the centre of the town. It was comfortable, well decorated, scrupulously clean and all its electrical equipment in full working order. There was a good choice of breakfasts and daily papers ready to read. The website has pictures of all the rooms. The owners were very friendly and helpful and I would certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo