“Great dining experience”
Review of Number 4 Cafe Bar & Restaurant - CLOSED

Number 4 Cafe Bar & Restaurant
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We are in Whitby to celebrate our silver anniversary and booked to eat here when our original choice was unavailable - really glad we did! Great service and food and real value for money. The owner was lovely when we told her it was our 25th - gave us a card, put a sparkler in our dessert and even sang 'happy anniversary' to us - thanks Maureen! Do yourself a favour and eat here if you're in Whitby even if it's a bit outside the town centre, you'll be glad you did.

There are newer reviews for Number 4 Cafe Bar & Restaurant

Reviewed July 27, 2013

Fabulous food and a warm welcome!
3 Courses for £24 - and the food was amazing, high end but by no means pretentious!
We really didn't expect much because of the location but we were pleasantly surprised with what we found.
The lady who owns the establishment is friendly and efficient - she couldn't do enough for us. (she even returned a charm that had fallen from my Mums bracelet to our b&b the following day)
I wish we had found Number 4 earlier in out trip because we would of eaten there every night!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

Arrived here today at 6.00pm and were warmly greeted. My wife ordered a large glass of Pinot Grigio and was as impressed with it's quality as I was with it's price. We chose from the "Tea Time Treat" menu (2 courses for £14 or £16 for three) and were very impressed.Home baked bread rolls and butter offered before our starters. The main course pork in particular was excellent. The sweets were superb and incredible value for the extra £2.
An excellent experience.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Friendly, unpretentious, attentive service met us here after the sundown walk along the west cliff had proved an unexpected bonus - don't be put off by the location of the restaurant a little out of town. Glad we booked as the our table for four was the last not taken when we arrived and the place completely filled up soon after - popular and quite rightly so. I cannot fault the food - it really was outstanding value for money. Our seafood/salad starters were fresh, attractive and delicious - partly wish I had saved some of the appetiser breads to mop up some more of the lovely sauce my mussels came in but conceded I could perhaps manage a dessert instead. My main was a nicely cooked beef fillet which with it's accompaniments, creamy gratin and balsamic jus, was a tasty plate indeed. I was also attracted to the lamb shanks being eaten opposite and had a taste of the roasted squash it came with. Yum - just as good. Decadent portion of "eton mess" to finish. The Rioja and Cava we ordered was again excellent value. Great!

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had dinner here last week with our two children. Excellent fresh produce used, specials menu available. Very good value. The lady who owns the restaurant is extremely welcoming and efficient. The hand made rolls (three types on offer) were complimentary, as were the olives. An excellent evening all round. Welcoming to our two children even to the point of waving us off in the taxi! Will definitely return when next in the are. Would recommend the mussels.