“Everything you should expect from a Guest House!”
Review of Haven Guest House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitby
Haven Guest House
Ranked #34 of 151 Whitby B&B and Inns
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Everything you should expect from a Guest House!”
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Every year we return to the same place so I feel The Haven deserves a special mention. Looking for other places to stop in Whitby is something we have not done in a very long time. All the rooms are excellent and incredibly clean! The cleanest guest house i have known. The breakfasts we always look forward to and you will definetely not go hungry. We are always well looked after and the staff make sure of it. The look and feel of the place as soon as you walk into The Haven is warm and friendly and for us it now feels like a home from home. Anything more we have needed we only had to ask and the kind helpful response is always there. You can see the hard work that goes into The Haven and it is truly worth every penny. Looking forward to our next visits!

1 Thank Paul C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
West Midlands
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Cleanest B&B i have visited, hosts are very friendly and nothing is too much trouble, Great breakfast, superb views.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Manchester
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed during Regatta weekend and was very pleased and surprised at how clean (imaculate) the whole guest house was. We stayed in room 5 which was on the top floor, and was an average size, the ensuite had lovely fresh white towels and lots of toiletries. Breakfast was brilliant with locally sourced products, and amazing service, and the view over the harbour is beautiful. Overall without a doubt a perfect B & B in a picturesque yorkshire harbour town, a fantastic weekend break and a must for anyone who hasnt been before.

Room Tip: Book Either of the rooms with a 4 poster for a few pounds more - its worth every penny.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2011

Would highly recommend this guest house, we have stayed here twice now and it never disappoints. The rooms are spotless and the beds lovely and comfy - have stayed in one of the 4 poster rooms and more recently in rm 6 - both excellent. Breakfast is very nice , made with local produce. The lady owner is lovely and friendly.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 9, 2011

My husband and I stayed at The Haven B&B this last weekend (5th/8th) for three night's.
I must say I don't agree with the last reviewer, who was a guest at the same time as us. Obviously I don't know what his room was like but ours was a good size double with ample storage and a good size on suite. It was clean and tidy with tea making facilities. We had lovely views overlooking the Harbour enterance and to the right, on the cliff top, the church of St Mary's. The outside was very nice and the inside is decorated to a high standard.
I would have to agree the towels weren't changed daily, but had we requested fresh ones, I am sure they would have obliged.
On arrival we were asked if we prefered bean's or tomatoe's with our breakfast. We opted for the tomatoes, which were fresh, not tinned. We also had fried egg ,but there was a lady who had scrambled, so I suppose you only had to ask? The ladies serving breakfast constantly asked if we required any more tea/coffee, toast, butter etc. Also available at breakfast was a selection of cereals,fresh fruits and fruit juice.
The only downside was the parking, which the B&B couldn't be held responsable for. You may have to do a couple of turns around the block to find somewhere to park. We managed to get parked outside the B&B the night before we were due to depart. If you don't mind paying for your car parking there is a Car Park at the end of the road, after 6pm till around 9am it's free.
The Haven is around a 5 minute walk into the centre of Whitby where you will find plenty of places to eat. You must try The Magpie Restaurant for Fish and Chips. You may have to que for a while, but there worth the wait!
Other places we visited were Staithes, Robin Hoods Bay and Goathland.
We went to Whitby as my husband was celebrating his 60th birthday and that's where he wanted to go. He especialy enjoyed the ride on the Steam Train from Whitby to Pickering. We stopped of at Goathland Station where we walked into the village to see where they fimed the TV series Heartbeat. Goathland Station was also used in the making of one of the Harry Potters films as Hogsmead Station.
All in all we had a lovely weekend and wouldn't hessitate to go back to Whitby or The Haven again. Brilliant!!

1 Thank Sonia P
Cleethorpes
Reviewed August 7, 2011

We went with friends to the Haven this weekend. Although our friends were happy with Room 6 we found Room 1 to be far too small to be a comfortable double room. The bed took up most of the space, the wardrobe was at the foot of the bed and it was a very tight squeeze to get your clothes out of the wardrobe or walk past to get to the window etc. There was however a lovely view from the window.The breakfast was ok but we were not served beans, were not asked how we would like our eggs done, you were given very limited amounts of butter, jam, marmalade etc. although I am sure if we asked for more we would have got it, The thing that annoyed me the most was I had had a shower on the Friday night and used the towel again in the morning. I placed it in the shower so that I would get a fresh one to use on Saturday evening as I did not think it would dry in time for me to use for Saturday. When I had my shower and got the towel from the rack, the towel that I had put in the shower in the morning had just been folded up and put back on the rail, so unfortunately it was still very damp and I had to use one of the smaller ones to dry myself. Not a big deal I don't suppose but I thought the least they could have done is put a new dry towel in for me since I had put the used towel in the shower, and generally if you do this it is a request for another towel.

On the morning of departure we paid our bill and were not even offered a receipt. We could of course have asked for one, but it should be automatic gesture of the proprietors to give their clients a receipt when money has passed over to pay the bill.

Having said all this, the place was clean and the breakfasts were nicely presented, it just doesn't quite match other places we have stayed in the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Scotemr
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Stayed here 3 nights after it was recommended to us by a family member and we wern't disappointed. We were made to feel right at home. Our room was really clean and extremely comfortable.
The location was really central and in a very quiet area. The breakfast won't disappoint and will set you up for most of the day!
We will definately be back .
Joan and Dave Smith.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7 with a kingsized bed and had a lovely roomy ensuite! although no sea view it was...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple