“I think we have found the perfect Whitby retreat.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Arches Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Whitby
Arches Guesthouse
Ranked #22 of 152 Whitby B&B and Inns
burton on trent
“I think we have found the perfect Whitby retreat.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

If only all B&B's could be run this way. The welcome was warm and friendly and as per other reviews, Dave and Laura just make the whole stay an absolute pleasure. The rooms are clean, the beds comfy and the area peaceful. We did not have any issues parking, but I can see how it could be. But, even if we visited in the height of the season it would not put us off heading straight back to the Arches. The food was excellent. The local knowledge second to none.

We wanted a B&B that was within walking distance from the centre of Whitby, with good cleanliness and value for money. The Arches exceeded all our expectations. We shall return.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Everything you could wish for what more could we say, very clean nice room with all facilities.
Breakfast is as good as it gets hot or cold with a choice second to none would recommend it without reservation GREAT!
Parking is a little restrictive but for two wrinkles we managed ok

• Stayed November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Chimky489
Hexham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I stayed for 3 nights at the Arches during a photo workshop in Whitby. The standard of the accommodation is high and the hosts could not do enough to make me comfortable. They provided me with a packed lunch for the day when I was out very early and missed my breakfast. There were extra touches to make the stay special.

Room Tip: Both single rooms have private bathrooms.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank MarjBaillie
Doncaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012

Just returned from a 2 night stay at The Arches towards the end of November. We were a party of 15 adults celebrating my birthday for the weekend, from the very moment I made the reservation months prior I was made to feel extremely welcome. I am a regular visitor to Whitby and have stayed at many b&b's over the years, I can happily say this is up there with the best of them. From the moment we arrived Dave & Laura did everything they could to make our stay as pleasurable as possible, pots of tea and homemade biscuits were brought to our room for all our party to enjoy. The rooms were immaculately clean and extremely warm and cosy and very spacious (we were in a family room), the breakfast was one of the best I have had from a b&b, great full English, fresh fruit and greek yoghurt, homemade preserves, and a choice of a daily specials, I had the kippers and poached egg on the second morning, very tasty, oh, and thats not forgetting Laura's homemade cakes, delicious.

All the facilities and rooms were superb, but I would say the biggest thing The Arches has going for it are the hosts themselves, they are so friendly and warm, they seem genuinely happy to have you staying there and do everything they can to make you feel at home. As I said, we were a large party which can sometimes be a nightmare to organise, but this wasn't the case, apart from them having the room for us all, they made it completely hassle free by their relaxed and welcoming approach. I fear not all establishments would a been the same. A true gem of a place.
We will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Stayed at the Arches for two nights and what an enjoyable stay it was. Dave and Laura are wonderful hosts. The food was fantastic, especially the homemade blueberry muffins. The room was emmaculate. Perfectly situated, just a short stroll from the town centre. We'll be staying here again next time we visit Whitby.

• Stayed November 2012
Stockport, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

Stayed at The Arches Guesthouse for four days in Mid-October. As a single female traveller I was looking for somewhere that offered a family atmosphere and a warm welcome. I was not disapointed. Although I had booked a single room, the hotel was quiet so I was placed in a double en-suite at no extra charge. The room itself was very clean and comfortable and well supplied with good quality toiletries.

I soon discovered that Laura and Dave are great hosts who believe in feeding their guests well. Not only do they greet you with a pot of tea or coffee and homemade brownies, their breakfasts were so generous that I didn't need to eat again until 6pm! Laura's homemade banana cake is fabulous!

On the last day of my stay I had to check out at 10.30am, but was not due to catch my train until 4pm. Laura very kindly let me leave my luggage at the B&B and allowed me to collect it later.

I will definately be returning next year and would highly recommend The Arches for those looking for a relaxing break in Whitby.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

I recently used the Arches Guesthouse as a bolt hole to escape from work for three days. Laura and Dave proved to be the perfect hosts. This is one of the nicest B & B´s that I have stayed in.

I stayed in a double room, which was offered for the price of a single as all the singles were booked, which was a real deal. The room was impeccably decorated and maintained. Tea and coffee were on offer in the room, as was a complete set of soaps/shampoos/hand cream.

The breakfast truly deserved it´s award. Within reason, everything that the heart desires is on offer, down to locally caught kippers. Brilliant. This great breakfast set me up for the rest of the day.

I would thoroughly recommend this guesthouse to anybody wishing to stay in Whitby. Laura and Dave have an initmate knowledge of Whitby and the surrounding area, and were ready to part with this knowledge at the drop of a hat.

Whitby is a fantastic coastal town, and this wonderful guesthouse does Whitby proud.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo