“Great Service & Food”

Ranked #2 of 216 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ditto offers you a contemporary and exciting menu cooked to the highest standard. All our ingredients are of the finest quality and sourced from the best local suppliers. We have a specially selected, quality wine list to complement your food perfectly. Ditto is a small, intimate and relaxing restaurant with seating for up to 20 covers. With our dedicated and knowledgable front of house team, we are confident that an evening spent at Ditto will be a memorable occasion!
Newcastle, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Service & Food”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

I tried to book a table at Ditto for a weekend stay in Whitby, they were however fully booked. The lady who took my call said she would keep my number and ring me if they had a cancellation. She did as promised and we were able to dine there on Saturday 07/09/2013. I am so pleased we did, this restaurant is well deserving of its No 1 ranking. The service was excellent, very attentive but not obtrusive. The menu although not extensive is very well thought out and the mains came with a fantastic selection of vegetables the quality of all the food was suburb. We would recommend this restaurant to anyone an overall wonderful dining experience.

Manchester, United Kingdom
“High expectations, low delivery”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Ditto is the number one restaurant in Whitby in the opinion of Trip Advisor customers and so we had high expectations. This review reflects this and our overall experience. On arrival we were directed to our table from the other side of the room by a pleasant, young, inexperienced waitress. Although full , this small restaurant did not exude much atmosphere. We were given the menu with no recommendations and found it to be lacking in choice for us - some of the dishes had similar ingredients, but the wine list was better.We had soup, woodpigeon, fillet steak and sea bream which was acceptable though unexceptional.No-one came to speak to us . In a small restaurant like this we would have expected to meet the owner or chef who should be interested in our views, and more experienced staff.In all, very disappointing.

4 Thank LesDauphins
Peterborough
“Pure Perfection”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Everything about our experience was pure perfection, and I would say the meal was truly fine dining: There was absolutely nothing to fault. For mains I had the rack of lamb served pink to my liking and with a crusty skin. Tender and Delicious. Even the selection of vegetables (6 types) were presented perfectly in a piping hot tureen, and which were some of the best I have tasted.
Whitby is lucky to have such a restaurant and I would recommend it to anyone wanting a memorable meal out, for example to celebrate a special occasion.

1 Thank Sidmouth4me
Congleton, England, United Kingdom
“Amazing”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Amazing restaurant with fantastic food and service.
This place is a must when visiting beautiful Whitby, our meal was perfect, to start with I had the wood pigeon my partner had red mullet, for the main we both had fillet of beef which was perfectly cooked and came with a fantastic selection of vegetables followed by chocolate and coffee cheesecake.
Dave and Alex have got this romantic little restaurant just right.
If your planning a visit make sure you book in advance don't wait until you arrive in Whitby or you might not get in.

Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality beautiful cooked food”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Ditto's was booked after reading reviews on trip advisor for our friends hen party. We were not disappointed. In our large group everyone was pleased with the quality of food. It was a nice relaxed atmosphere and staff were happy and friendly. The steak was one of the nicest I've had and cooked perfectly, and all the accompanying veg was delicious too. I cannot fault the food/service at all. An enjoyable evening had by all. Thank you

• Visited August 2013