“Never disappointed, a truley enchanting evening.”
Review of Ditto Restaurant

Ditto Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 216 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ditto offers you a contemporary and exciting menu cooked to the highest standard. All our ingredients are of the finest quality and sourced from the best local suppliers. We have a specially selected, quality wine list to complement your food perfectly. Ditto is a small, intimate and relaxing restaurant with seating for up to 20 covers. With our dedicated and knowledgable front of house team, we are confident that an evening spent at Ditto will be a memorable occasion!
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Never disappointed, a truley enchanting evening.”
Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Myself and my partner have been to ditto a few times now, the first time we visited whitby it was so good we went twice in the same week! The service is fantastic, our waitress is always very friendly without being overbearing and intrusive, the atmosphere is relaxed and the food is truley superb! Every dish has clearly had time and care put into its making and the veg is always a beautiful selection with interesting twists. Each time I've visited ditto I've asked the waitress for a recipe and she's always asked the chief to write it down for me without hesitation and she seemed genuinely delighted that I ask. The venue itself is small and intimate, which adds to it's charm and atmosphere, rather than being big, noisy and impersonal. Every detail of ditto, even down to the music selection is clearly chosen with care and consideration of the guests. Me and my partner normally spend around the £100 mark in here between us, but that is for the 3 course meals and we do buy a lot of drinks seeing as the table is yours for the evening, which is a calming notion as your aware your not going to be rushed to finish your meal. The ice water and tapanede with freshly baked bread is also a nice touch, and complimentary as well! All in all this is definitly a place to visit, I can't recommend it highly enough, just make sure you book a table in advance to avoid dissapointment. - Emma and Chris :-)

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Emma O

Bradford, United Kingdom
“I've run out of superlatives . . . . . . .”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

My partner and I have dined at the "Ditto" restaurant on several occasions in the past. We were lucky enough to secure a cancellation last Saturday evening, . . . (our commiserations to the couple who's car broke down in Pickering) . . . I am happy to report that the meal we enjoyed was, once again, superb . . . (superb is the only superlative I have left).
Our thanks to the team once more . . . .

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank siefgried
North West England
“So glad we finally managed to book a table!”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Having visited Whitby twice a year for the last few years, we have often thought of eating at Ditto, but have never planned ahead enough to successfully secure a table, as it is always been fully booked whe we have enquired, which is no surprise.

Luckily we rang to book in advance and were able to get a table for our last night.

The food and service were both excellent, and for two courses (too full to manage desert, unfortunately) and a bottle of very nice Pinot Grigio, I think the price of a little over £67 was also excellent.

It is also the first time we have been offered a jug of iced water with our meal, without us having to ask.

We would definitely eat here again when visiting Whitby.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Holidaygal62
London
“Excellent food and service”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I booked this restaurant for my husbands birthday for just the two of us. The food was fantastic, the wine was excellent and the service from our waitress was wonderful. What more can I say? We had a lovely romantic evening and if every in Whitby again we would definately book again.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank TheYellowBrickRoad
Whitby, United Kingdom
“don't miss ditto”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Whitby has many famed restaurants such as The Magpie and Greens, but don't overlook Ditto Restaurant. Had one of the finest cooked and presented meals served by wonderful staff. You have your table for the night, but do book - numerous people were turned away when we were eating because the place is small and soon fills. Intimate atmosphere, Immaculate. Three courses with wine came to around £75 per couple. Range of fish, meat, fowl and vegetarian.

• Visited June 2013