$120
Free cancellation until 07/26
$76
$43
Savings alert! 31% below average rates

The price you found is 31% lower than this hotel's average rate of $62/night.

Resolution Hotel(Whitby)(Great Value!)
$101
$93
$90
Savings alert! 50% below average rates

The price you found is 50% lower than this hotel's average rate of $179/night.

Free cancellation until 07/26
$132
$98
Hotels.com
Dunsley Hall(Whitby)
$87
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$131
$230
$222
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 5, 2016

Farsyde House house itself was nice and spacious and had good grounds but was a bit chilly in the evenings, even on sunny warm days - the owner did set the heating for us when we asked. The location was lovely but all in all was saved by the good weather we had for the week as the pool was not in service for the full week which was very disappointing since this was one of the main reasons for picking these cottages.
Rating could have been 4 stars if the washing machine wasn't broken, if the fridge worked (as it didn't cool anything - think the door seal had gone) and the pool had been available. Wifi was very intermittent and pretty much unusable.

Could have been so much better if managed better.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank shirleywilson120
Reviewed July 31, 2016 via mobile

A very recent visit to ride here last week wasn't what we expected and previous poor reviewers have described our experience closely. As reasonably experienced riders ourselves, we have both taken years of lessons, and hacked out with many different riding centres over the years. I'd hoped my daughter and I would enjoy a relaxed ride through the beautiful countryside. The views were indeed stunning and the horses we rode seemed well-cared for. However, the key issues were:
1. It was difficult to get any sense from Heidi about the likely scope of the routes available. She simply couldn't or wouldn't describe what we could expect in terms of pace, lengths of trots or canters - she said she wasn't trying to be awkward but difficult and uncomfortable was how the initial conversation felt.
2. The pace she set was unnecessarily fast. Heidi rides a beautiful horse called Juniper which is at least part thoroughbred, naturally much faster than the horses ridden by visitors but she also rides it at a full on pace requiring everyone else to trot constantly to keep up with her. 3. Heidi gave contradictory instructions at the start and throughout the ride which made it difficult to do the right thing. Ultimately we began to find this funny because it became so ridiculous and as confident riders we decided to try and enjoy the ride despite the regular negative feedback but this could wreck the confidence of a less experienced or nervous rider.
4. Heidi seemed angry and impatient through the whole experience. She over-emphasised the responsibility we had at the start as if she had none. Her angry approach culminated during the ride in an aggressive, unpleasant and somewhat embarrassing interaction with a passing cyclist who had done nothing wrong and in fact had shown respect for us and for the horses.
To Heidi's credit, she did refund some of the cost of the ride which should have been two hours, but had to be reduced early on by us because of the punishing pace. When we confronted this Heidi said if she slowed her horse down, ours would stop. Unlikely since we are both decent riders who know how to maintain a forward walk and anyway, the horses were hot so we wouldn't have ridden them - and crucially, didn't need to ride them on this relaxing holiday ride - any faster.
Overall, we probably wouldn't return to this yard. We would look for a place where the atmosphere is professional but calmer and friendlier, and where the lead riders enjoy the combined pleasure and responsibility of taking visitors out on horseback in stunning surroundings.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed July 12, 2016

Booked a beach hack, with very short notice. Heidi was warm, friendly & very chatty. The hack was amazing, the horses very well behaved. Heidi was able to take photo's of us & sent them to me as soon as we arrived back. Excellent value for money. Thank you Heidi.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
1  Thank Bishop3
Reviewed July 10, 2016

Recently returned from a weekend riding holiday at Farsyde Farm. The accommodation, though basic, was adequate for our needs and quite charming. It had a lovely outside seating area and we were blessed with the weather. The riding routes were wonderful - we went on the beach and over the moors and the horses were well behaved with wonderful temperaments. Unfortunately, the same cannot be said of the owner, Heidi. From the beginning, her manner was less than courteous and when we started the ride, things deteriorated. She was unhappy if we got out of line, if we got too close, if we weren't close enough, if we let them eat....the list goes on. My horse tended to get close to the one in front and she rounded on me several times saying 'if that horse kicks you for getting too close I'm not taking responsibility' Bearing in mind my two friends and I had paid £300 for four hours riding, we may have expected at least a more professional attitude. I can understand the heath and safety concerns but our horses were quite placid and caused no trouble and the treks were exceptionally quiet. She was riding a thoroughbred which had a much faster pace than ours prompting them to have to trot just to keep up. Consequently, when she stopped abruptly, ours tended to concertina together. We encountered several steep hills and when descending, my friend's horse came down with some trepidation. Heidi became very impatient shouting, 'hurry up, I can't afford to keep waiting for you.' She then told my friend to hit the horse with a crop saying 'if you don't wallop him, I will'. Heidi took several photos of us out on the rides and my friend wanted to do the same. Heidi said to her 'if you take any photos of me I will knock you off your horse!' I think this was said as a joke but we did not know her well enough for that and because of her previous behaviour, came across as pure aggression. She was dismissive and rude throughout our stay and spoiled the whole experience. People have said that visitors should stop moaning. Ours were legitimate complaints and something she needs to address. Heidi kept reminding us that 'I know my horses' - shame she did not know her manners!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank YorkHappywanderer
Reviewed May 4, 2016 via mobile

Really enjoy my riding here with Heidi. She is always very accommodating with when I can book and takes me on beautiful rides in my local area! A fabulous was to see the local views!
The horses are beautiful and good fun!
A very happy returning customer!

Stayed: May 2016, traveled solo