“Probably the best cafe on Whitby promenade”

Harry's Lounge Bar & Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
Harry's Lounge Bar & Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 213 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, European, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Bar scene, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Late Night, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
London, United Kingdom
“Probably the best cafe on Whitby promenade”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2010

I went to Harry's last night and I should say it was a great gastronomic experience. They do all mains as a starter portion so that you could taste different meals. The menu is great and includes both local fish and chippy and Mediterranean cuisine. Caesar salad is probably one of the best I've ever eaten. Rump stake is presented on a hot stone so that it's still being cooked while you are eating it. Service is marvellous!

harrogate
“Over priced and small portions... keep walking....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2010

We stopped off here on Sunday 7th March and as regular visitors to Whitby we won't ever go here again. We called in, 6 of us, all hungry and tired from walking all morning.

No greeting, smile or a basic hello from the waitress. After a wait we endured small portions which were massively over priced. British tapas? To get a decent sized meal you have to spend a fortunte. I am not the first to moan about this on tripadvisor either!

My mate paid the bill on our behalf, I hope he didn't leave a tip. The watiress didn't say good bye to us either.

Go elsewhere I suggest or grab fish and chips and eat them outside in the road... you'll have more money in your pocket aswell as receiving a proper sized meal.

yorkshire
“definitely go back”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2010

had lunch today (23.02.10) with my hubby - never been there but wanted something other than fish and chips - had the place to ourselves - very friendly waitress who made sure we knew about the portion sizes etc - chilli chicken wrap - lovely! only negative was the bit of shell in my crab sandwhich but hey, it proved it was fresh right? Homemade garlic dip with the curly fries delicious! I will rave about it to my friends and I will return.

north east
“refreshing change for whitby”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

I was dissapointed to see such bad reviews for Harrys bar! i personally love it, the food is lovely, if u are hungry order 2, or have dessert, its not rocket science!
I loved the cheese and caramalised onion tartlets, also the steak on the stone is beautiful!
The decor is great, very comfortable and clean! i love the atmosphere in here too!
As for the staff! i have always found them very polite and attentive, its been known that we have been the last customers in there, we never felt rushed or pressured to leave!

Worksop, United Kingdom
“We left hungry, very disappointed and out of pocket”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2010

A party of 10 went here during the Christmas break and we asked the advise of the waitress of how many dishes we needed (its trying to be a tapas restaurant but serving English food (minibudgets etc…) we were told 14 dishes would be adequate (avg price of £7). The food came in tiny portions and was not very impressive for the price. To top it off we ordered baked camembert (£10) and asked for additional bread to accompany this and they served us one small defrosted bread bun and charged us £1.50 for it!

When we complained to the staff that had been very helpful initially they argued back and took a very snobbish approach.

We are happy to pay for good quality food however this restaurant offers average food at extortionate prices served with a air of snobbery. We left very hungry and will certainly not be returning ...Joanne

4 Thank reviewjj