“How a Guesthouse Should Be”

and 1 more site!
Melrose Guest House
Ranked #9 of 152 Whitby B&B and Inns
Wolverhampton
“How a Guesthouse Should Be”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2013

Just arrived home from Whitby and our 3 night stay at The Melrose guesthouse. Can only say good things about this excellent place. Joanne is really attentive, and nothing is too much trouble.
The room bedding and bathroom were immaculate The breakfasts were superb and once again the quality and service were great. Me and my wife would have no hesitation in going back there again and recommending to friend.s and relatives Chris and Joanne are great hosts.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stayed at the Melrose again what can I say Joanne and Chris are lovely hosts nothing too much trouble cup of tea waiting for us on arrival. I have wrote on tripadvisor before about Melrose but I will say it again the rooms are immaculate lovely comfy beds, sea view. The breakfast room is pristine beautiful white tablecloths and napkins and the breakfasts are delicious Chris cooks marvellous eggs. This was my fifth year and we will definitely be going again cant wait.

Room Tip: We have the ground floor lovely room but our friends have room 1 with the balcony very nice.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Just returned from a five night break at Melrose Guest House we will definitely stay again. Our room was very spacious and comfortable with a sea view. On arrival we were met by Joanne and Chris and a very welcome cup of coffee. Breakfast was cooked beautifully and there was plenty of it with as much coffee/tea as we wanted and everywhere was spotlessly clean. We really enjoyed our stay can't wait to go back.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

My wife and I - Joan and David from Wakefield - have just returned from three nights at Melrose Guest House. I've always wondered how good a place needs to be to attract an Excellent rating on this site. I suppose it needs to be spotlessly clean and well decorated and maintained. I reckon the breakfast needs to be hearty, wholesome and tasty. I guess the owners have to be welcoming, obliging and friendly, professional and totally organised. I think a nice touch would be for mints to be available in a glass dish in the entrance hall. Melrose Guest House and Joanne and Chris have all of these in abundance - a lovely place run by lovely people. Thanks.

1 Thank JoanandDavid2013
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

My wife and I planned to stay at Melrose Guest House for three nights. We booked from Australia.
When we arrived Joanne and Chris met us, Chris arranged parking for us, he took our bags while Joanne showed us to our room. In the meantime Chris made us a cup of tea. A very warm welcome. The rooms were very spacious, clean and bright. The breakfast was excellent ( Chris hid in the kitchen and cooked while Joanne was the perfect hostess in the dining room). We extended our stay at Whitby and therefore Melrose Guest House for a further 2 nights. My wife left some small items in the room when we left and Joanne took the trouble in sending them back to us in Australia. Thank you. R&C

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
derbyshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

Thankyou to Joanne and Chris for a great stay.. Lovely room with a seaview, very clean and nicely decorated... Enjoyed the very nice breakfast, and decided to book for Folk Week next year for a couple of days... Joanne already booked us in..so looking forward to that.

Room Tip: Number 2 room has a very nice seaview, nice large room.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

My husband & I spent two nights at the Melrose Guest House. We were made to feel very welcome. The room was spotlessly clean, bed linen was clean & crisp,comfortable beds, the breakfast was excellent. I would highly recommend a stay here.

Room Tip: room number one has a balcony
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple