“Fantastic short break”

and 1 more site!
Melrose Guest House
Ranked #7 of 151 Whitby B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Had a lovely mid week break High standard of cleanliness Excellent breakfast. Felt very welcome by the owners Joanne &Chris. I would definitely visit again . A welcome book was available to us with recommendations of restaurants . Sampled a few of them . True to their word .

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Gill E
There are newer reviews for Melrose Guest House

Reviewed June 28, 2013

we have just returned from three nights stay at the Melrose guest house. this was our second visit and I don't think we would stay anywhere else when visiting Whitby as it is wonderfully comfortable and clear and joanne very welcoming.

Room Tip: both rooms 1 and 2 are spacious and comfortable. room 1 has a balcony room 2 a huge bathroom.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The Melrose Guest House was a lovely place to spend our two nights away. We were warmly welcomed by Joanne and Chris who made us feel at home instantly. The room was spacious, comfy, very clean and had a sea view. When it came to breakfast time there was a wide selection of cereals and the hot food tasted great.
I would defiantly book here again, as I don't think anywhere could beat the lovely room and the wonderful service provided by Joanne and Chris. Nothing seemed too much trouble! Thank you - see you again soon!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2013

It was my first time visiting Whitby when I stayed here in May 2013 so being able to stay in a guesthouse where I felt at home and welcomed by Chris & Joanne made the visit even better. I stayed in Room 4 (the twin room) with a friend, and found it to be comfortable and at a great standard of cleanliness. For the morning there was a great range of choice for breakfast, such as cereal or a cooked breakfast, in the breakfast room. As it was my first time visiting Whitby I wanted to be close enough to the centre, and to have a guesthouse which is walking distance to the centre of Whitby was a bonus. Joanne was very welcoming when I arrived, offering drinks and helping me out. The service which I received was by far amazing.

I would and have highly recommend to others to stay at the Melrose Guesthouse, for the price of each room you definitely get value for money. The rooms are very modern and comfortable. I will definitely being pay a visit again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We only stayed for one night, and we were wooed by the spotless, luxurious room and the warm welcome by Joanne. Full fry in the morning helped us to get through the long journey back to Ireland. Simply Wonderful !

Worth every penny.Highly recommended!!!

M & D

Room Tip: Warm, Friendly, Modern and Very Comfy!!!
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our first visit was back in 2008 and we havent stayed anywhere else in whitby. We have stayed 2 and 3 times each year on our return, and we will most definatly be returning!
Nothing is too much trouble for Chris and Joanne they are more than happy to help. I cant express enough how clean and comfortable the Melrose is, follwed by a marvellous choice of breakfast. Upon your arrival you will be greated by a friendly smile and a lovely cup of coffee! we would highly recommend to stay at the melrose, once youve been you will never look back and be planning many more visits just like we have! :-)

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights & were welcomed by Joanne with a lovely strong cuppa after arriving 9pm-ish. Room 5 on ground floor -spotlessly clean & spacious with a sea view, lovely comfy kingsize bed & wonderful breakfast -piping hot full english. We will definitely be staying again -cant wait to book another few days. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple