“Brilliant B&B!!”
Review of Riftswood B&B

Riftswood B&B
Ranked #13 of 153 Whitby B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We were meant to be staying at Riftswood after completing the W2W, but due to a chest infection the plan slightly changed and we travelled across to Whitby for a more relaxed stay and to enjoy the beach and town.

From the moment we arrived, Paula made us feel exceptionally welcome, and the offer of tea and cake was lovely. The room was beautiful - the fireplace was amazing - and had everything we needed for a very comfortable and enjoyable night. I was also pleased by how proud Paula and Peter are of Riftswood, and the amount of effort they put into a) making the place feel welcoming and b) going above and beyond expectations and being so friendly and helpful. Breakfast was brilliant, and it was really good to have a chat with Peter, Paula and Denzel before we left.

I can't compliment this place and the owners enough. I will definitely go back and would advise anyone to stay there from the large number of places one can choose from in a place like Whitby. Thank you!!

Room Tip: Pay a little bit more for one of the larger en-suites!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Just had an overnight stay in Whitby, the stay at Riftswood was excellent . Peter and Paula were the perfect hosts, so friendly and welcoming , second to none . I wouldn't hesitate recommending Riftswood to anybody looking to stay in the Whitby area. Ian and Jane

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank ian_fairhurst
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Just returned from a weekend at the Riftswood Guest House at Whitby and felt compelled to write a report of my experiences. The hotel was beautiful and the hosts (Peter Paula and Denzel) were absolutely perfect in every way. I would genuinely recommend this place to anyone but dont just take my advice read the glowing reports from other guests of which I whole heartedly endorse. This stay has reaffirmed my faith in guest houses after having it shattered a few times. Please do yourselves a favour and have a weekend in Riftswood I know both my wife and I will be doing so again in the near future. Many thanks to all at Riftswood.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Just got back from a stay at the Riftswood in Whitby, I don' often stay in b&b's as I am quite a fussy customer but I felt nothing but comfortable here and Pete and Paula go above an beyond to make sure their guests are well looked after and have everything they need, including being kind enough to offer us a lift into town with our heavy luggage after our stay.
On arrival we were welcomed with wine and beer, the offer of fruit cake, and hugs from Denzil the dog which was exactly what was needed after a 5 hour bus journey!
The room was clean and comfortable, tastefully decorated, and well stocked every day with biscuits and chocolates.
The delicious breakfasts were a highlight of our trip.
I would recommend the Riftswood to friends and if we return to Whitby will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Excellent B&B stayed here for the April Goth weekend.Was greeted with a warm welcome from the owners and Denzel the dog plus the offer of a cup of tea/wine and a slice of cake. The room was spacious with plenty of storage for our Motorbike clothing helmets etc. Everything was clean and tidy ,plus there was tea coffee,hot chocolate ,biscuits and a couple of Lindor chocs thrown in for good measure. It's the little things that count. Breakfast was tasty and plentiful ,and Paula and Pete offer a pre-order service which is a good idea, so order what you want to eat. The location was perfect for us . I would definitely recommend this B&B

Room Tip: we went for the superior double which was excellent
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I stayed at Riftswood B&B July 2012- and it was brilliant. Even though our bedroom had a WC in a separate room, it didn't compromise the stay. The rooms were clean and amiable- their pictures on their website do not do them justice. The hosts were all you could hope for, and more. Breakfast was one of the best I've experienced.
We celebrated my partner's birthday whilst on our 2 day trip in Whitby and were pleasantly surprised to see a small bottle of wine, a card and small cake for us in the room.
Not even a 5 minute walk to the cliffs and a 10 minute walk into the centre I would defiantly recommend this B&B and would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed at the riftswood on the 16 17 and 18th of Feb, when we arrived we were given a lovely welcome by Pete and Paula and were treated to a glass of wine and a piece if cake, it came up in conversation that my wife only drinks decaf tea unfortunately they didn't have any, the next day they had been out and bought some and even left some in our room. I am a very hard person to please but this B & B and this lovely couple made our stay one to remember. Daniel & Donna

• Stayed: February 2013