“Brilliant !!!”

Ranked #70 of 216 Restaurants in Whitby
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Passage To India is a Contemporary Indian cuisine set in the heart of Whitby, North-Yorkshire. The restaurant is decorated up to date in a warm vibrant settings and serving both traditional and contemporary Indian dishes also some English dishes to suit all palate.A warm welcome await for you at the passage to India restaurant.
“Brilliant !!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Me and my partner have just visited this restaurant and the food was excellent , my partner ate the butter chicken an I had the garlic chilli chicken which was rather hot but very tasty !!! Would go again

“Amazing!”
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

As I live in whitby and a massive fan of Indian cuisine this is my favourite place to eat. I try to order something different every time I go there. I have nearly done the whole menu. My favourite dish so Far is the garlic chilli chicken.(hot) I eat in and get take aways delivered and the quality is the same everytime. The restaurant is run by kam who is friendly and polite as are the rest of his staff. Great food, great prices, great prices!

Mirfield, United Kingdom
“Passge to India in Whitby :)”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Good selection on menu. Had Take out...Delivery relatively quick for a Saturday night. Looked fresh. Would recommend!

Visited November 2012
Herault, France
“Friends Feast”
Reviewed December 8, 2012 via mobile

I booked a table for 6 using the webform, but didn't receive a confirmation so I phoned a few days later and re-booked the table without any problems.

The decor is very pleasant, perhaps washing or repainting the odd wall would be beneficial to the overall ambience of this very busy restaurant.

Pickles and popadoms were served as we decided which food to order. The yogurt sauce was very thin, which was unnecessary since it wouldn't save much money by diluting it so much.

The menu was extensive with some special dishes which sounded very appetising.

Our food arrived quickly, the starters were well presented and generous. My chicken pakora could have been a little more spicy. The main course was excellent with a very intense and deep flavour for the Sag Chicken. The jalfrezi was good too but the abundance and heat of the chillies did seem slightly odd, compared to the many jalrezi dishes I've tried in many places.

A dessert menu was offered which looked very good but was a little limited, perhaps confirmed by the other 5 of our party since no one placed any orders.

Service was without issue and the waiters were very attentive, without being too pushy, but they were close to the line here. The booking was made for a Saturday evening at about 7pm and this popular establishment was very busy.

I'd certainly go again.

“A good place to eat”
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

This was my first outing into this restaurant and I have to admit I couldn't fault anything.
The food was exquisite as well as the decor.
Good presentation of the food and good flavours in the food.
On a personal note, it was 50+% better than "Spice 4 u" in Pickering!