“Just OK”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Ate at 10pm and ordered 2 X diet cokes to drink. Don't you just hate it when what you get is NOT coke but either gassed up syrup or some cheap other brand. If it's coke please put the bottle (or can) on the table so the customer can see what it is they are drinking. You do that with wine so what's the problem?
At almost £30 for 2 X mains, 1 shared rice and 1 chapatti, it was too much to pay.
Also the waiters kept hovering over us when we were eating. I hadn't swallowed the last bite of my meal and my plate was taken away. My wife stopped eating 2/3rds through her meal for a rest & her plate taken.
Would I go back? I don't think so. The food was OK and no better or worse than others I have had.
I didn't check the bill so can't comment on extra's etc being added on.
We were the only ones in the restaurant and it took ages to serve us the meal. At one point we thought about paying for the drinks and leaving.

Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

This places is on par with Jamals in middlesbrough and definitely worth a visit staff excellent friendly and always make you feel welcome even got a free flaming sambuca to help celebrate our anniversary been a few times and I couldn't recommend high enough always try different types of food wow.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

If you desire a delicious Indian meal in a comfortable and friendly environment this is the place for you. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal and what we could not eat was packaged up for take away and our daughter has just polished it off for her tea! ;-D

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Nice meal , good value overall and good service in friendly atmosphere. The restaurant is located at the station entrance at whitby and is tastefully decorated throughout.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Lovely food and the best Chicken Biryani I have tasted for a long time. Staff were very friendly and polite.