“Morning coffee and return for lunch after walk”

Brasserie at the Courtyard
Ranked #2 of 5 Coffee & Tea in Settle
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: The Brasserie is within a superb complex of new rennovated barns adjacent to the A65 near Settle.Open daily for breakfast, morning coffee, brunch, lunch and afternoon tea. Mixing contemporary interiors, an open plan kitchen and traditional barns we serve modern English and European cuisine. Seasonal events run throughout the year. Disabled access and ample free parking.
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We planned a walk from Settle up into the limestone country and stopped by chance on the A65 before entering Settle as we had never been to the Courtyard before (it is relatively new). We needed morning coffee, and we got it! Very satisfactory. Booked for lunch for 13:30, did our walk (got lost) and arrived back at 14:00 - no problem with being late. Excellent service both times, and VG food. Will definitely stop there again.

1  Thank booksperson
Emma_Darbyshire, PR & Marketing at Brasserie at the Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Thank you for your super review and we look forward to seeing you back at The Courtyard again soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

We booked Sunday lunch. The restaurant was busy as were the staff. We ordered 2 Sunday lunches ( Roast Beef etc.) and a fish & chips. We had time to enjoy the ambiance of this converted barn and the excellent felt wall hangings, which alone are worth a visit. When our meal arrived, which we were informed the chef cooks medium rare, I was surprised by the size of the heap of meat. This quickly turned into alarm as I realised it was not meat but largely gristle and fat! Never have I seen such a heap of rubbish supplied as a Sunday Roast! I asked the waitress which cut of meat it was? Topside came the message from the chef. Well I may not be a butcher but I am a livestock farmer and if this was topside I would eat hay with a horse! Having eaten what lean meat there was I presented the large plate of fat and gristle to the head chef and asked was this not boned rolled shoulder of some fatty traditional breed which had probably not been sufficently matured? He muttered an apology. The Maitre D came to settle my account and explained that they were trialling a cut of meat from the proprietor's own stock and my comments would be passed on to a meeting the following day. Well I do hope a lesson will be learned. At £14.25 when one orders Sunday Lunch one expects a good cut of good quality edible beef! The only saving grace was that he discounted the charge for one portion and apologised for the quality of the meal.

Emma_Darbyshire, PR & Marketing at Brasserie at the Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for giving us a review and for your feedback. We are pleased that you spoke to our front of house staff and the head chef at the time and that we were able to talk things through with you and make recompense. We hope that you will see fit to give us another try.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

My husband and I booked Sunday lunch at 2pm, we arrived but was told no beef left.
It was a mis understanding. However the owner dealt with our issues promptly and appropriately.

Very impressed at the whole issue being sorted quickly and we will certainly return.
Thank you.

Mrs d kelly

1  Thank 437debbie
Emma_Darbyshire, PR & Marketing at Brasserie at the Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

We are pleased that you emailed us direct and that we were able to respond properly to your comments and feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Courtyard and The Brasserie soon.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

On our way to Settle we stopped for coffee and cakes at the Brasserie. Nice and clean with a good selection of cakes /food and drinks, good place to stop and enjoy a drink in a nice atmosphere.

1  Thank George J
Emma_Darbyshire, PR & Marketing at Brasserie at the Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for your review and we are pleased you enjoyed your visit to The Brasserie - do call again when you are next passing.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

It's got all it needs. A convenient stopping point on the main road and some interesting shops in the courtyard. Good service in the upstairs restaurant and an interesting menu. We stopped for a quick lunch and ordered smoked salmon and prawn open sandwich on rye bread. No problem with the quantity and I'm sure the ingredients were fresh, but four slices covered with all ingredients mixed up together, including mayonnaise and dill just gave lots of food with a single taste - mostly dill with smoke. Gone was the freshness of prawns, the texture of smoked salmon, it was just boring to eat and we told them so. Even a little dressed salad would have changed the flavour and should have been included in the £9.95 each that was charged. But 4 open slices all the same mix! Where is the imagination? Where is the thought of how the customer will see it, how they will find it interesting? And a next door table had sausage sandwiches which were just a halved sausage slapped between two slices of bread. They looked boring as well. We won't go back.

Emma_Darbyshire, PR & Marketing at Brasserie at the Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Thank you for your review and feedback. I sat down with our Head Chef and Brasserie Manager this morning and we went through your review to understand fully your suggestions and concerns. We have taken on board your comment regarding the presentation of the open sandwich and will be changing this so that it is displayed in a more appetising fashion. I know that Monika our Brasserie Manager spoke to you at the time as well so I hope that you feel your concerns have now been addressed.