Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Great fun!

Really well set up, our gamesmaster Tanja did a great job helping us through. The hour just flew by... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
Ian G
Great fun

Did the escape game at Norwich museum. Our guide, Siv, was excellent, really helpful and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Maxine F
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Norwich
from $15.45
More Info
from $6.44
More Info
All reviews escape room game master great fun escape game fastest hour true story seconds to spare red herrings set the scene guild hall great hour fun hour hen do explained everything team building work colleagues bridewell museum
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Really enjoyed the escape room. This was the 4th room I have done and was definitely the most authentic being set in an underground tunnel! (Secrets of the Tunnels is the specific name I think).

It has the usual combination locks, padlocks and puzzles with some puzzles that really make the most of the setting.

You wear hard hats as the ceiling is low in parts but the space isn’t very cramped and there is no crawling or wedging yourself into small spaces needed. You do need good eyesight to see all the combinations as the lighting is subtle.

One thing I liked over other puzzles was that it was quite easy to get going and solve the first part as sometimes you can spend a long while starting.

The games master gives you clues as you go to help you along so if it’s your first time you won’t feel too overwhelmed.

We played as a pair and just finished with 2 mins to spare so it’s doable with 2 - I think a very large group might find it a bit tricky trying to negotiate the space. 3 or 4 would be fine.

I would definitely recommend it to escape room fans.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great fun. And two can do it too, because we did it in 57 minutes. Still happily married and even happier now! Holly was a great host and gave us a bit of extra time afterwards to show us some hidden areas with some insight into Norwich's fascinating past. We've done a few escapes now and regarding this one, seeing really is believing because you would never think buildings could exist under Castle Meadow unless you saw them for yourselves!

1  Thank Somethings-Happening
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Did this escape room with some mates and it was so so good!! Our games master Holly was awesome and the game itself was super clever and really interesting, as well as in a really cool setting underneath the museum of Norwich. Would recommend History Mystery to anyone, the staff are all amazing and run really great games, plus I'm pretty proud of my 100% escape rate <3 if you're thinking about going do it!!!

1  Thank chloehiggy
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went with a group of friends and was welcomed by the lovely Holly. The game was so much fun and enjoyable. The game itself is so clever and the story it tells with the history of the building works incredibly well. Couldn’t fault the staff, location or the game in any way. This is my second escape room with history mystery and would recommend highly to anyone to go and give it a try.

1  Thank chloecarman98
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Took part in Merchants Vault today for my daughters birthday treat. All staff were very welcoming from arrival to exit. Holly our gamesmaster was excellent. She gave us all the information we needed at the start and was discreetly helpful when asked. We escaped and had such fun taking part in this escape challenge. It was my second one and it was so much better than the first one. Would definitely recommend and cant wait to do the next one.

1  Thank steph G