“Inexpensive and really good food”
Review of Zizzi - Norwich

Zizzi - Norwich
Ranked #101 of 871 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Located in a beautiful listed building, Zizzi Italian restaurant in Norwich can be found at the entrance of the splendid cathedral in this historic city. Conveniently situated within walking distance of the city centre and nearby historic attractions, Zizzi accommodates large parties and can also offer a private function room. A light and airy building, Zizzi also has a popular al fresco dining area in the summer. Zizzi restaurants are passionate about simple Italian cookery. Whether it's pizza or pasta, salads or risotto, or carne and pesce (meat and fish), each dish is prepared with fresh, seasonal ingredients - from the popular classics to Zizzi's own innovations - ensuring that you can enjoy a great Italian dining experience, at any of Zizzi's Italian restaurants around the country.
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My wife and I went here for an evening meal to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

I managed to locate a coupon for a BOGOF deal on main courses (every penny counts!) and it seems there are always vouchers to be found for this chain of restaurants, which is great as the prices aren't that expensive to start with anyway!

The restaurant can be located very easily in Tombland Norwich and free parking during the evening can be found in the cathedral grounds.

We had not booked but managed to secure a table at around 6.30PM. When we arrived the restaurant was pretty empty but then was full when we left.

We shared an Italian Bread Basket to start - which was nice, well presented and tasted great.

I had the Calzone Carne Piccante for main course and this was lovely, albeit a little on the hot side. My wife had the Calzone Pollo Spinaci, which she said was wonderful and extremely tasty.

The food as a whole was great and tasted very fresh. I like the open plan kitchen where you can see the chefs at work. The service throughout the meal was also very good and the price was very reasonable.

All in all, this was a very good dining experience (enhanced by my voucher!).

Highly recommended, we will return.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

A quick overview for those who do not wish to read details... Fast and friendly service. Fresh ingredients. Laid back atmosphere in a great location. Good bang for your buck, or pound as it were.

I just came from Zizi's and was pleasantly surprised at the speed at which my food got to my table. When we entered (at 930pm) we were promptly informed that they'd just sat two different very large parties and our food may be slow coming out. We chose to stay in spite of the potential to wait for a long time, as it is a Saturday night and everywhere was rather busy.

We ordered a shared appetizer, separate entrees and a shared desert. Though I could not finish my mains, I was glad to have quite a bit left over for me to take back to my hotel for later. All of the courses were great! Fresh and light. Wonderful ingredients paired with a nice atmosphere.

Our service was fast and friendly. We were seamlessly served by two people. It never felt like they'd forgotten us nor were they too present.

All in all a great restaurant with some good food.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I took a group of 33 here on Saturday. We pre-ordered which made our visit VERY smooth. The staff couldn't be more helpful. THANK YOU!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

The staff were friendly and the atmosphere very good. However, the food was in part good to poor. The appetisers and desserts were excellent both tasty and reasonably priced, the main course let the restaurant down, looking good but with no taste. It is not that difficult surely to ensure the food is served with an Italian flavour??

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I came here on a first date and was feeling so nervous. But that soon changed, whilst waiting for the date to arrive I was offered a drink by Stacey who whilst chatting to I found out she was a supervisor there. She was chatty and relaxed but seemed to have a good grip on everything that was going on around her ( she apologised and walked away a few time to takes some plates from tables and clean tables) but I wanted to commend her on her personality and the job she was doing. From a past background in hospitality I know that these "supervisors" are the unsung heroes of the restaurant trade. She gave every customer a genuine goodbye and I never saw the smile drop from her face.As for the date... well she didnt show. But im not upset I had some great conversations with a few members of the staff that evening. Oh and the pizza was great :) well done Zizzi I shall be returning.