“Taste of Oz i'sh”

Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Visited during the ay and the restaurant was fairly deserted, the menus has some Aussie theams but not overly. I went for the hoaky (fish) and this was well cooked but to be honest could have been a bit of cod as there was little taste. Service was good but you did have to go looking for them. Perhaps I caught them at a bad time but wasn't a great experience and I would think about visiting again. .

1  Thank Andrew M
There are newer reviews for Taste of Oz

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We came here for a family meal (in the pub part, not the restaurant) and the staff could not have been more helpful. We had our two young children with us so we really appreciated the speedy service. The children's food was of a very high quality - the chicken goujons were actually freshly made and battered rather than out of a packet (we've found this the case in other pubs). My scampi was excellent and the portions were good. The baby changing facilities were very clean and accessible.
All in all this was a very good meal with excellent service at a good price.

Reviewed January 14, 2013 via mobile

This is now my new favourite restaurant and we visit regularly because of the huge plates of delicious ribs and steak which are cooked to perfection.
My 3 children are very well looked after by the friendly staff, always a ballon and colouring waiting for them and a lollipop when they leave!
I celebrated my birthday there and as there was 10 of us we received a complimentary birthday cake, with the embarrassment of the whole restaurant and staff singing happy birthday!
Everything is cooked fresh to order and you can see this in the open kitchen.
I can't understand the negative reviews, we always have a delicious meal and my children and I can't wait to return!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

This is a cooking by numbers with pre prepared packet food restaurant which was on this occasion not executed at all.

I can get the same food for half the price in any pub chain food outlet which is where we should have gone, I came here for good aussie food and got nothing of the sort.

Service staff try their hardest in fairness but you can see the embarrassment in their eyes.

Manager was rude and was made to feel it was our fault that the food was bad you know the type no ones else complains etc well that's because most people hate to complain that's just us British I however do and refused to pay £60 + for something that in my opinion was on a par with the famous burger chain actually that's a bit unfair on them you know what you are getting with them and therefore its not a disappointment.

Sorry to say it was not the Oz experience we were hoping for and the price is way over the top if it was half the price at least then you know what type of outlet you are walking into and what to expect.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Have been to this restaurant several times now and the food is always lovely. I had the gorgeous cola sticky ribs, no starter or dessert as the portion size of the main is huge. Hubby had the T bone steak which is melt in the mouth tender with a wonderful flavour. Friend had the rib, steak, half roast chicken meal, yikes could have fed a small country it was mega huge but so delicious. Service at lunch times is always good and this visit was no exception.