“Genuine Tapas”

Cuisines: South American, Spanish
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

I don't understand why people are slating Bar Tapas. It's a genuine Spanish run restraunt with genuine Spanish Tapas. If this place was in mainland Spain, you wouldn't bat an eyelid at it's quirks. Good eating, and yes maybe a little pricy and slow service. Will still go again.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

8 of us booked-up on a Saturday evening. Arrived to find only one other table occupied. (Soon found out why).
Despite the absence of other diners, we waited 90 minutes after our order was taken before food began to arive. It was delivered by the only member of staff we saw, who was wearing a dirty apron. Several orders were incorrect, but we were all hungry by this time and agreed to share. The food was barely edible, and we should really have walked out at this point. However, we persevered in the hope that things would improve - but unsurprisingly, they did not! (Toilet was filthy too!)
We will not be returning.

1  Thank hikerbri
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have lived in Norwich for a while now and have been meaning to try Bar Tapas out. The opportunity came this weekend when I had a friend staying. We phoned to ask whether we needed to book a table (it was Friday night) and we were told that it was recommended as there was usually a large table booked on Friday night. When we got there however (8pm) it was almost empty save a few tables of 4 people. I wasn't over impressed by the decor - slightly twee and slightly dated. It would have been nice to see somewhere a little more modern. Very colourful though! The menu choice was great and we ordered a sharing platter and then several 'tapas'. They arrived at different times which was handy as the table was small, so we needed to move some things around to accomodate our selection. We also ordered Sangria, which was disappointing. If I ate here again, I would order something else. On the whole though the food was good. I will eat here again, but probably won't rush to do so.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

i visited here thinking it would be a suitable place to eat, but i was wrong the service was quick, but the food was shockingly awful. I honestly recommend Torero if you're looking for a truly authentic Spanish meal in Norwich!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

if this is the same place as we ate a few weeks ago, the picture looks completely different as the small ground floor entrance leads to a staircase where you then find the restaurant on the 1st floor, in that case I would like to say that the place could with heating up and so does the food, it was luke warm and pretentious, typical English interpretation of Spanish food - very poor, makes me angry to pay good money for sub standard food! One thing in favour, I complained (very un-english but cant silence my european roots) and was given one dish free. Eat at your own peril unless of course you're part of the hordes of English that dont know anything about food.