“Good - 3.5 stars”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Good - 3.5 stars”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This place is hard to rate. 4 stars says very good which this place isn't but 3 stars (average) is harsh. I've been here many times and if you fancy a big portion of tasty Mexican fare then this is the place for you. You can't go wrong with the nachos to start followed by a chicken and beef stacked but be warned, the portions are huge and I would recommend sharing the starter.

There is a good selection of beers and cocktails, the wine is very well priced and the service is usually good. Service when we visited was good up until the dessert when the staff sort of forgot about us and we waited for 15 minutes before our order was taken.

Well worth a visit and I will be going again.

• Visited August 2013

“More of a disappointment than a meal...”
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Myself and a group of 4 friends went for a meal here a couple of months ago. I booked over the telephone and was assured that our table would be booked from 6 o'clock until 8:30 that night. For a start, I have never had a restaurant tell me how long I've got to eat and it was all downhill from here.
We arrived on time and were showed to our table and our drinks orders taken, these arrived promptly. One of our friends was late (by an hour) and while we were waiting waiters were trying to push drinks and sides on us and reminding us about the limit of time on our table. I was angry to be told that "your table will be held until 8" when I had been told that it would be held until 8:30. After discussion, this was rectified. We felt obliged to order starters which took a while
To arrive while the staff were standing around clock watching which we felt was rude and distracting even though the restaurant was half empty. When our friend arrived we were made to order straight away (he had no time to look at the menu) though the food took ages to come and through this wait we were being informed that our table was running out of time. We ate in a rush and when we asked for the desert menu the waiter was very reluctant to give it to us, mentioning time again, though they did bring my friend, the birthday girl a "surprise" - 1 blob of vanilla ice cream in a ramakin and a rushed rendition of happy birthday which, over the phone i was assured would be "a dessert" but was much more of a disappointment (I had made it clear, it was her 21st birthday). Food was poor as steaks were far too overcooked and ineddible in one case, and service and the attitudes of some of the staff was awful.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ktowly
Wisbech
“Wouldn't visit again”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

food served too quick after ordering. Extremely hot and mushy when it should have been crisp. Can only assume it was microwaved. Food average at best.

Leeds, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Decided to eat here as part of my boyfriend's birthday celebrations and we was not disappointed with both the food and service. Pedro's is located in Chapelfield Gardens with the opportunity to sit outside. Inside, you get the atmosphere of traditional Mexican restaurant with my boyfriend commenting 'It's like being in Mexico' - sombreros included!

The food was delicious and the portions are generous, making it excellent value for money. The staff were very attentive and our food and drinks arrived quickly upon arrival.

I will definitely be visiting Pedro's again!

Norwich
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have been eating at Pedro's for 5 years and I cannot fault them. The only way I can understand the negative reviews is to say 'there's no pleasing some people'.

A group of four of us ate there recently, we made sure to make reservations. You generally have to book well in advance to stand a chance of getting a table as this restaurant is usually packed, that alone speaks for itself.

The surroundings are fun, good music and lively atmosphere. It's quite small and the tables are relatively close together but it gives a really intimate family and friends feel.

The staff are always friendly, polite and upbeat. Always smiling and will do what they can to please. On one occasion in the restaurant I had a terrible headache and the waitress went to get me a glass of water so I could paracetamol. I didn't even have to ask!

During our last visit I ordered the beef chimichanga with spicy rice, it's a deep fried, rolled 10 inch tortilla, covered in enchilada sauce, melted cheese, guacamole and sour cream, it is served with a fresh crunchy side salad. I love it! I would eat it every day if I could! The food came out in good time! I ordered a Chocolate Caramel Crunch Pie for dessert which is the most beautiful tasting thing on earth and comes with a dollop of ice-cream.

Definitely my favourite restaurant in Norwich!