“Beef Curry!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Waffle House

Waffle House
Ranked #13 of 817 Restaurants in Norwich
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Beef Curry!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is my second review for the waffle house.

Visited today with my elderly mother.

I will get the negative point out of the way first - although we obviously arrived and were seated and served "just at the right time", there was a serious backlog of people who arrived shortly afterward, and the staff could not keep up with the demand for tables. I noticed only two servers, and they could not serve, clean tables and take payments quick enough, so that people were waiting in line to be seated, but couldn't be accommodated because four or five tables had been vacated but not cleared. This then led to them all being seated at once (after the tables were prepared), and that in turn caused delays in the kitchen. More staff are required at busy times (we arrived at lunchtime, so its pretty obvious that you are going to need more staff at such a time)

Now the good points, I wont go over the same as in my previous review, but I will note that there is a new menu, new crockery, and new decor since my last visit which was about a year ago.

We both chose one of the specials (I had Thai beef curry, and mum had smoked haddock in lemongrass sauce). Not knowing if mum liked lemongrass sauce, we asked to try some first, and were quickly accommodated. Mum said her meal was nice, and mine was excellent. In fact I have been searching for a similar recipe since I have got home, as I want to try and recreate it for my family.

As always in the waffle house, I am not sure if the mains actually "go" with a waffle, but hey ho !

We just had water to drink, so no cost there, but for our two mains, a shared side salad and two puddings (mum had lemon waffle with some sort of coulis and I had a bowl of choc mouse with ice cream and fresh raspberries and walnuts) - the bill was just over £33.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank kimives

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“Lovely tasty and different food, very filling!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Waffles are delicious a good selection of savoury and sweet toppings, a nice treat for lunch or supper

• Visited December 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Over 20 years and always consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

A great family place with an excellent menu using fresh local ingredients and really tasty too. A fab children's menu. Always friendly efficient service and the best waffles for miles and miles and miles. Love the currys and love the banana, maple desserts - with a waffle of course.

• Visited August 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
“More than just Mustard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013

I found Norwich a revelation, nothing like I expected.
Some great history, not just Colman’s mustard which seems to dominate the usual image.
We saw in the guide book the “Waffle house” and since it was just post war that I last had that delicacy we went for lunch.
Trendy it is not but a great atmosphere, plenty of talking and ‘Feel good’
The range of savoury Waffles was extensive and the sweet ones delicious.
The experience was completed by the cheerful staff .
The location is handy for the main square and attractions and makes for a pleasant lunch.

• Visited September 2013
Rochester, United Kingdom
“Good as always”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Love this place. Service and food is always excellent. We always come her either for lunch or dinner whenever we visit Norwich!

• Visited May 2013